good karaoke games for wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by faralar, Nov 16, 2010.

1. faralar
    OP

faralar Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2010
    Since I now have a microphone for my wii (got it for def jam rap star) I wanted to know if there are any other good karaoke games for the wii. I'm looking for something with a relatively good scoring system and good variety of music (i.e not high school musical).

thanks!

2. guinness

guinness GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2008
    UK
    The only ones that are really any good in my opinion are the rock band/guitar hero games. All the we sing and sing it games are pretty crap (but still good for a laugh).

3. Wabsta

Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Apr 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    SCUMM Bar
    Totally agree with this.

I do wish the Opensource game UltraStar gets ported to the Wii one time tho.

4. SFenton

SFenton ಠ_ಠ

Oct 14, 2008
    United States
    Derp
    Pass on Guitar Hero World Tour, it has a terrible vocals engine. You literally have to hit every tick of every note to get a 100%.

Every game past that is fine (with the exception of Guitar Hero Van Halen, which shares that engine). Rock Band 1 and the track packs supposedly have a wonky engine but I've never encountered a problem with it. 2 is fine. Beatles and every game with harmonies are great for parties. Kepp in mind, however, that Rock Band 3 lacks competitive multiplayer, and, as such, you should take that into account when making your purchase.

I'd also reccomend Karaoke Revolution, apparanty it's not that bad.