good co-op games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dysan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. dysan
    OP

dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    hey guys,I'm searching for good co-op games.
    I don't care about what genre they are...fps,action,shooter, whatever...it only has to support 2 player LOCAL co-op gameplay.

any help?

2. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
    Monster Hunter Tri
    New Super Mario Bros Wii

3. dysan
    OP

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    we've played the resi lightgun games and liked them....gonna try dead space in a while [​IMG]

we also liked alien syndrome...anything along those lines?marvel alliance maybe?

monster hunter has local co-op?!?!

oh yea...maybe I should said that in the first post...I'm looking for local co-op not online

4. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
  5. toguro_max

toguro_max GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2007
    Brazil
    São Vicente, Brazil
    And here you can find other recommendations.

6. vergilite

vergilite GBATemps Regular Clown

Apr 14, 2009
    Liv-Liv-Liverpool YEAH!
    monster hunter tri is pretty good and it has offline co op [​IMG]

7. liltorchic

liltorchic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Mario Glaxy 2 is looking to have better co-op.

8. saison

saison GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    United States
    Monster Hunter Tri's offline Co-op is more of an unnecessary extra, but yeah, it has local co-op. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, you can't go wrong. As for FPS, I don't think there are any with like split-screen. I know that CoD:WaW had a thing where you had two reticles on the screen and Player 1 moves.

I think it's the same with MW:R.

9. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I can really suggest many of the light-gun titles that populate the wii. really advocate House of the Dead: Overkill as it is a game that is best to play with more than one person. I have found that the larger the group, the better.

10. boof222

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    NSW
    +1
    it's also a pretty funny game aswell

11. dysan
    OP

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    wow...now I REALLY wanna play monster hunter!

too bad there's no split screen fps [​IMG]

we've already finished house of the dead 2,3,overkill and resi evil chronicles 1,2 lol...dead space extraction is sitting on my HDD atm and ghost squad is gonna be there with it as well in a few days lol...yea...we likes us some light-gun games [​IMG]

thanks for that list satangel!although,it rates the co-op factor of a game...not the actual gameplay(as far as I've noticed) but still....good link!

12. eggzy

eggzy Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2008
    Croatia
    awesome site [​IMG]

13. resincake

resincake GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2009

Great site Satangel .. I like how its laid out (Although it does seem to indicate that no game as online coop play, like COD etc.. but thats minor) .. think I'll bookmark it .. thanks .. ;>

The coop in Monster Hunter Tri, is basically just a fight between two characters in an Arena, not what I'd call proper coop, but it does qualify in a general sense I suppose, but then you need to include all fighting games, Capcom vs, Legend of Dragon, Naruto, etc..

Back on topic, though .. you could always check the Coop Wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cooperative_video_games , The only drawback for yourself (perhaps?!?) is it list all cosole & PC coop games, not just Wii & GC, but it is a complete list, it seems ..

There are a few games in gamecube format that I thought were really fun coop, Hunter the Reckoning (great game) & Baldurs gate : Dark Alliance come to mind.

:>

14. dysan
    OP

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    so it's not co-op but a vs mode? ahh well...that's ok.

thanks for that link resincake.we've finished baldur's gate on the GC [​IMG]
    are there any other games like that?alien syndrome,baldur's gate,marvel?
    you know...the rpg-action genre with level up and equipment.