alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great, I successfully replaced my DS's housing since it was broken. That was my first change, it went well, except for the poorly made case not working out too well(plastic pieces that lath in the top shell have extra plastic on them, screws don't fit, buttons too far in, especially dpad, partly the case not taking the screws, slot2 was loose[fixed this by actually putting in the inside of the slot2 for old DS, led light holes too small, triggers loose) But it's all good, finally able to play something since my PSP was stolen
yaynds.gif

so then i went on with fixing the second old DS so I could sell it. Not so good, I replaced the top screen, no speakers since I can't solder, they don't care
tongue.gif
, and then I put it back, tested, but it had started, bottom screen flicks, off. Then I went around seeing if the ribbon was messed up(I didn't touch the bottom screen one)and then after that I test again, nothings, turns on, goes off. So then I try all the ribbons, by taking them out and putting them in again, worth a try. The top screen worked by flickering once, then off, like usual.
After that I did nothing, check later, nothing, on then off after a few seconds.

Any help? Please?

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, it's just that I think this is good too much for an edit, and wouldn't be noticed.

Here are some pics of the DS Lite:

First the replacement case.

The top.

The bottom.

Opened, and the Slot 2 cover and Stylus weren't painted fully, not so good, and for the Slot 2 I just switched the inside of my old black Slot-2 so it could stay in. Styus doesn't fit perfectly like official cases, you can't really spin it in the hole.

First mess up, for some reason the screw doesn't go in, probably another hole that has extra plastic, like one of them that is used to hold the motherboard. But I can't find the other triwing screw :\ one's missing.

If you can't see it, the top right doesn't go in all the way, the interlocking pieces inside have extra hanging plastic.
frown.gif

Okay part of this one's my fault, I lost the cushion but it wasn't sticky anymore, that's why. Also, this one works, the interlocking pieces inside.

it's on, and it works, able to play on the flashcart again!
smile.gif
Also, the led light holes are a bit too small, with no cover over it. Didn't get a picture because I forgot, and I'm not going too for now. Maybe when do a review.

whoops, uploaded this on on accident, oh well, not going to waste the internetz
tongue.gif

EDIT: News on the other DS, I accidently put the case on wrong, and the plastic cover for the power switch was loose, and then I open it again and I here a crack and feel something, the power switch broke off.
frown.gif
But the top screen flickers again, I turn it on and there it goes, then off. I'll probably buy a broken DS off of eBay to sell to them.
tongue.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If the top screen is flashing it is generally OK, it will be either a fault with the bottom screen or the cable into the connector - they have to be FULLY in for the unit to work, if you look you can see marks on the board and these should line up with the dark part of the end of the ribbon cable (the thick bit)

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I never touched the bottom screen ribbons at first, but then when it didn't work, I tried to fit them in again, but no luck. Sometimes the top screen is random though, it will not flicker at all, sometimes doing a light flicker, and sometimes it's bright flicker. All once though, after 2~3 seconds it shuts off.

Also, I can't plug the WiFi cable in, it got stuck under the slot 1. :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: