Homebrew Question Goldleaf or Tinfoil?

Darkrai27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've been using Tinfoil for the last year to install nsps via USB, but now with this last update requesting to download a kip I don't like to give them permissions to read my console's info. Which one do you recommend me? How do you install games with Goldleaf via USB

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The info being read is because of Tinfoils built in Incognito feature.. which can save/wipe/restore said info. I wouldn't worry about it. Personally I prefer Tinfoil to Goldleaf, but it's really a matter of opinion as they both do what they do well.

If you still dont wanna use Tinfoil anymore, Goldleaf has a Java based program (Quark) that is similar to Tinfoils (Nut). The main difference between the two, in my eyes, is that you will need JRE installed to run Quark.. as it isn't a typical executable like Nut is.

You can download Quark from the Goldleaf github

Last edited by nickwhit,
Reactions: Darkrai27

tivanh

Trophies
XP
Country
It all comes down to how much you trust the tinfoil developer as it is closed source. The original incognito is safe if you remove the backup it creates, so is the rcm. i.e no one can read your backup and spoof your console info to get new games for their pirate shops ( like jack in the shop) that tinfoil/hbg shop use.

this new addon to tinfoil, seeing the back up it is stored on the nand leaves noobs open to having their info stolen and used, resulting in a console ban.

I don’t think Blawar is doing this but there is absolute potential for it to be coded into the software without our knowledge. Also note this unscrupulous practice was done in the 3ds scene by one of those who took over the free shop development when the pedo developer got busted and retired.

My advice, use rcm or the original by Blawar and then remove your backup from the console.....Blawar has put encryption on the backup file saved in nand to prevent other software stealing your info so if you trust him/her use it.

I can’t trust myself at times, so other people will always scare me. You never know what can possibly happen. Removing your backup leaves you open to no one.

Eredhel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always used Tinfoil but mostly because I've been loyal since the beggining. In recente days, Tinfoil caused me some install issues and I moved to Awoo Installer. I'd recommend having them all once issues start to appear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==