Gaming Goldeneye DS?

D

Deleted User

If they are thinking of making GoldenEye DS, i personally think they shouldn't - it's flogging a dead horse. You've all seen the wave of "GoldenEye" and James Bond titles stretching back as far as the N64. I think it's time to think up something new; something fresh, instead of reviving the long-dead franchise.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
JetKun said:
If they are thinking of making GoldenEye DS, i personally think they shouldn't - it's flogging a dead horse. You've all seen the wave of "GoldenEye" and James Bond titles stretching back as far as the N64. I think it's time to think up something new; something fresh, instead of reviving the long-dead franchise.

I agree, its funny how they don't call James Bond games James Bond, but GoldenEye. its just them beating the dead horse because of how popular GoldenEye was, and how it was one of the most important games of its time.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you all seem to be missing the point that this is a remake of the original Goldeneye for Nintendo 64...and the only reason it's a "franchise" was to cash in on the success of that original game in the first place. For all intents and purposes, this has nothing to do with Rogue Agent or any of the mediocrity that ensued after the first one (other than the same publisher).

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Why? There already is one, why wouldn't they be able to make a second one?
Are you forgetting that Rogue Agent sucked?
Also Rare did Goleneye, EA did Goldeneye Rogue Agent, and Activision is doing the remake. Three different companies sharing a franchise doesn't sit well with me.

t377y000modern warfare mobilized?
they can make it look alot better if they made it DSi exclusive. or DS with DSi features, but instead of using the cam just use the enhanced cpu & ram.
And just how many units do you think would be sold if only DSi owners can play a game, and not the entire 110 million+ DS units that have been sold?

Theres a reason why those DSi-only games are so few and have done poorly. Theres only 4 DSi only games I can think of, and two of them isnt even out yet. 3 of them are gimmick-camera games and the other doesn't push the system at all.

chibiushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope it has 4-player split screen action too!!
yaynds.gif

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Njrg said:
_Chaz_ said:
chibiushi said:
I hope it has 4-player split screen action too!!
yaynds.gif
Your screen would be like 10x10 pixels.
128x96

178x96.jpg

Now imagine with screen dividers added.
Well the screen size is 256x192

Divided into 4's each frame would be 128x96.

It'd look like this:

2hpio03.png

Can you imagine playing Goldeneye on something 1/4th the size of your screen? -.-

Also The actual DS 256x192 screen is smaller than what 256x192 is projected on my 15 inch monitor.
So 128x96 is even smaller on the DS than you see it in the picture.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..Why the hell would a DS game need splitscreen? The whole point of splitscreen was because everyone played using only one TV, lol :wtf:

I don't see the point of the last few posts...

Still, this is gonna be awesome when it comes out, as long as they don't screw it up ;D

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
..Why the hell would a DS game need splitscreen? The whole point of splitscreen was because everyone played using only one TV, lol :wtf:

Still, this is gonna be awesome when it comes out, as long as they don't screw it up ;D
Its trying to explain to the n00b that 4 player splitscreen on a tiny screen is a stupid idea,

I already realize the fact that the DS actually has a screen of its own. Who knew.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eeh, I really hope they'd push this back to the 3DS and not the NDS. It's not going to be that good with the current gen stuff.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Activision? This game is gonna be seriously tainted. They have a tendency to suck the life out of things I once loved.

And how are there other 007 games with "Goldeneye" in the title? Goldeneye was the name of a satellite in a single Bond movie...

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Njrg said:
suruz said:

Its trying to explain to the n00b that 4 player splitscreen on a tiny screen is a stupid idea,

I already realize the fact that the DS actually has a screen of its own. Who knew.

Lol, fair enough xD

Activision? This game is gonna be seriously tainted. They have a tendency to suck the life out of things I once loved.
Gahh, don't be so negative before the game's even been released, lol >_>

crazycarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, i'm not sure but i think my boss (working at ebgames) said that the price will probably changes and i'm afraid that we'll be playing with Daniel Craig and not Pierce Brosnan! And yes i think it gonna have the Wifi!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o