Gaming Golden Sun 3

Skyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice work guys, even I was sweatting over this thread and reading it through.. but oh lol
biggrin.gif

Awesome prank. Good job.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job there guys, not really that fussed about a 3rd game I fount the series ok but it never held my interest to complete them sadly.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Best news for DS in ages man I can't wait for this. Not long played through the first GS either and only started the second one again last week.
Not many people know it but the first release of GS2 has a hidden intro added by the release group. I think you hold L+R when you boot the game to see it ;-)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard about this!

This is awesome, can't wait.

Please don't be fake...please don't be fake...please don't be fake...

D

Deleted User

Nice interview Opium, and of course a great job! I hope Nintendo/Camelot will finally realize that we're craving for a Golden Sun sequel.
smile.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(http://www.destructoid.com/golden-sun-sequel-confirmed-as-fake-tears-flow-like-wine-35391.phtml) said:
Recently, the Internet spawned a rumor amidst all the excitement of E3 that a sequel to the heavily under-appreciated Golden Sun series was coming to the Nintendo DS. Like fish on those tiny, delicious fishflakes Joystiq, GoNintendo and other sites pounced, working furiously to spread the news as quickly as their tiny, malformed hands could. That night, their heads filled with gumdrops and thoughts of handheld RPG action, many children went to bed happy. Sadly, as is so often the case, those children were all idiots.

Vooks.net -- Australia's answer to descending from criminals and rapists -- has an interview up with the perpetrator of the hoax, a member of their own forums, a fellow who goes by the obtusely ironic name 'Opium'. It seems that Mr. Opium created the clever fa?ade to convince Nintendo that the series had a large fanbase and that we actually want to see more Golden Sun titles.

I'd like to say he's a jerk, or some other form of condemnation, but I totally agree with the guy, and obviously his rumor was convincing enough to attract the attentions of people whose eyes have glazed over from years of photovoltaic abuse. Golden Sun is almost completely forgotten in light of all the Final Fantasy's and Dragon Quest's, and in a world where the most striking thing about Nintendo's E3 showing was the same technology they employed in the Power Pad, that's truly a shame.

GGOpium
grog.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
QUOTE(http://www.destructoid.com/golden-sun-sequel-confirmed-as-fake-tears-flow-like-wine-35391.phtml) said:
Recently, the Internet spawned a rumor amidst all the excitement of E3 that a sequel to the heavily under-appreciated Golden Sun series was coming to the Nintendo DS. Like fish on those tiny, delicious fishflakes Joystiq, GoNintendo and other sites pounced, working furiously to spread the news as quickly as their tiny, malformed hands could. That night, their heads filled with gumdrops and thoughts of handheld RPG action, many children went to bed happy. Sadly, as is so often the case, those children were all idiots.

Vooks.net -- Australia's answer to descending from criminals and rapists -- has an interview up with the perpetrator of the hoax, a member of their own forums, a fellow who goes by the obtusely ironic name 'Opium'. It seems that Mr. Opium created the clever fa?ade to convince Nintendo that the series had a large fanbase and that we actually want to see more Golden Sun titles.

I'd like to say he's a jerk, or some other form of condemnation, but I totally agree with the guy, and obviously his rumor was convincing enough to attract the attentions of people whose eyes have glazed over from years of photovoltaic abuse. Golden Sun is almost completely forgotten in light of all the Final Fantasy's and Dragon Quest's, and in a world where the most striking thing about Nintendo's E3 showing was the same technology they employed in the Power Pad, that's truly a shame.

GGOpium
grog.gif

Thanks for the link. Well at least they all aren't shouting abuse at me, that writer seems to get the point of the fake. Now more news of it being reported as a fake is even more news for Golden Sun
smile.gif

Akeos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice going mate, u really pulled this off nicely, i definatly want another golden sun to be released, i mean the DS is lacking in the 'good rpg department'
smile.gif

lets hope ur efforts will turn nintendo's and camelot's heads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof