1. purin29

OP purin29 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hiiii! im planning on installing atmosphere on my switch in order to get items and install mods on acnh. im really new at all this and dont have much experience in this field >< im planning on having an emunand in order to keep my sysnand clean,and use incognito or 90dns. however, i want to be able to go online and visit friends without having to use LAN. but want some tips on how to do that safely! thank you ^^

2. purin29

OP purin29 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ik this has been asked but im rlly slow im rlly sorry ):

3. TheGameBoyss

TheGameBoyss Newbie
    Newcomer

Bahamas, The
    If you never launched CFW on SysNAND then it's safe (afaik).

4. CitizenStile

CitizenStile Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    The general consensus is that you may be ok if you are very careful when it comes to sysNAND and emuNAND but modified items in ACNH may get you banned. You will also need to go through a bunch of hoops to get your saves transferred between sysNAND and emuNAND.

IMO if you are not willing to risk your switch being banned, don't install a CFW. Nintendo tends to find a way to ban people and it is not possible to get your switch unbanned.

5. MichaelShawJr

MichaelShawJr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am always on CFW and online on Sysnand. I never turn off CFW unless I'm updating the system, but then I go right back on CFW. I have modded Animal Crossing as well and haven't been banned.I use mods, cheats, and save editors on ACNH. I have done everything on CFW online except for using NSPs because that's a definite ban I was told. I use XCI with legit certificates on SX OS though. I'd say you will be fine. If you use Emunand and 90DNS you will be safe but if you do that none of the items you hack will be in your Sysnand town unless you inject the save into your nand backup and restore it every time but its a long complicated process and a pain. When you create a Emunand, it will transfer your ACNH save file to the Emunand, but after that they will be completely separate, so if you add items in Emunand, they won't show up on Sysnand, and if you progress in game on Sysnand, it won't update on Emunand unless you create a new Emunand to update it, but this would delete anything you did or hacked on the old Emunand.

Have you entered your console serial number here? https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ what does it say?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That is because there is always a chance at being banned if you go online with a hacked console.

7. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    always be prepared for a ban, if you want to be 100% Safe just get a second system if your able to even if secondhand (verified to never of been touched at all by CFW). It's just a matter of When not If, you'll get banned even w/ Atmosphere's protections in place & incognito. (can take one wrong slip and POOF, you end up doing something that flags you.)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - hacked, online, switch