Godmode9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Eric Skittles, May 26, 2017.

1. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    I was modding my second 3DS system with the 3ds.guide tutorial and this time, it had me use "Godmode9". My first one, I used Arm9Loader. Is there a way to switch from Arm9Loader to Godmode9 because the end results of hacking with Godmode9 are a lot cleaner looking than with Arm9Loader. tbh, I don't even really know what these are. I just want Godmode9 on my 1st 3DS.

2. Kyousak

Kyousak Aye Sir!

Nov 1, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Godmode9 isn't a Entrypoint like Arm9LoaderHax its a Arm9 Payload

3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Arm9loaderhax is an entry point, ie the main exploit we use to run payloads. Godmode9 is just a payload, ie software. You need an entry point to run a payload.
    In your situation all you want is a payload. So take godmode9.bin from the download you made earlier and place it in luma/ payloads (assuming you are using the latest version of Luma).

4. Eric Skittles
    OP

Eric Skittles Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Hey, that's pretty easy. Thanks much, mate.
    Except, how come arm9loader isn't used in the same tutorial godmode9 is? I didn't have to do anything with files named "arm9loader" when I was upgrading my 2nd 3DS. Or am I just over thinking it?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Arm9loaderhax is now outdated.
    GodMode9 has all the functions of Hourglass9, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9 etc so that's why you see it in more recent versions of the tutorial instead of HG9 etc.