God Eater Video Review

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by stanleyopar2000, Oct 9, 2010.

Oct 9, 2010
  1. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States

Namco has released an answer to Capcom's Monster Hunter Franchise..but how does it match up to the monstrously popular title in Japan?...is it innovative and an improvement from another game?...or does this "Monster Hunter ripoff" fall flat?

IN THE REVIEW!

In this adventure game, you play as a God Eater, a young warrior who has taken up arms against Aragami, a powerful, mysterious creature that has appeared around the world. You team up with three other God Eaters for co-operative Aragami hunting through over 100 missions. - IGN

2. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
  3. stanleyopar2000
    OP

United States
    Fixed My post.

thanks for spotting that out for me

Please delete that post above this one [​IMG]

4. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    good preview
    EDIT: and np lol

5. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    TBH, I feel that it's an "Americanized" Monster Hunter. I remember reading something IGN or someone put out before about MH. This game had most of things they said they would like added such as one connected map instead of MH's maps being separated into areas that have to load every time you enter it.

This game is also way more fast paced than MH. In MH, you can win by turtling up a bit and dodging every attack until it's safe to attack. I found myself wanting to attack as much as possible in this game since the enemies don't give you too many chances to attack. Your main method of attacking is in between attacks with mad dashing after the attack hits.

6. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Despite the long, drawn-out Japanese music video opening sequence, I get what you're saying. It definitely owes a lot to Monster Hunter, but, well, modernized. Maybe that's the word I'm looking for. [​IMG]

At any rate, despite it's flagrantly-obvious influence, it still looks more or less worthwhile, in my opinion.

7. stanleyopar2000
    OP

United States
    That wasn't actually the whole introduction either!! XD

But oh god, Namco better get the localized title right..if "Alan" is not singing "over the clouds" in the introduction, or they REALLY botch the English voice acting (American games have a tendency of doing that) then I will not be happy [​IMG]