OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
longtom1 said:
looks kinda long winded why not just use a normal usb loader

some people just want something that works out of the box..the average user doesn't want to go through all the reading/patching to get a softmod to work. plus there is always the risk of bricking the unit completely.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
GMODZ said:
longtom1 said:

some people just want something that works out of the box..the average user doesn't want to go through all the reading/patching to get a softmod to work. plus there is always the risk of bricking the unit completely.
- Which isn't there if you have to open your console
rolleyes.gif
. Seriously...HardModding and installing a cIOS are equal in the case of rendering your console unusable. I would even say opening the Wii is more dangerous, if you damage something on the board, your Wii is gone. Installing a cIOS can't do any harm, since the Wii don't depends on IOS249. In the worst case, you have a corrupted IOS, but because this IOS never get's used, it won't do any harm.*
- Reading how to install this and opening your Wii is in my opinion more complicated than installing a cIOS and running a Loader...
- Also, this should be in this section, I guess.
- And I still have the Opinion that Softmodding is the best way if you want to load games from USB. The community is always stronger and faster than a ModChip-Team (see NSMB Wii).

This all may sound a bit harsch, I just tried to clarify some things, and shared my opinions. In the end, everyone has to decide for themself what he wants, and Sundriver has it pros (likely to survive Update, integrated HD, etc..). I wish good luck to the Sundriver-Team
smile.gif

*This is all theoretical, don't quote me on this.

GMODZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
GMODZ said:
longtom1 said:

Which isn't there if you have to open your console
rolleyes.gif
. Seriously...HardModding and installing a cIOS are equal in the case of rendering your console unusable. I would even say opening the Wii is more dangerous, if you damage something on the board, your Wii is gone. Installing a cIOS can't do any harm, since the Wii don't depends on IOS249. In the worst case, you have a corrupted IOS, but because this IOS never get's used, it doesn't bother you.

Also, this should be in this section, I guess. And I stil have the Opinion that Softmodding is the best way if you want to load games. The commnity is always stronger and faster than a ModChip-Team.

I am not saying softmodding sucks....I am just saying the average user would find it more difficult...I dont see how plugging in 2 cables can damage the Wii..If you softmod and update you risk bricking the Wii.

"Installing a cIOS can't do any harm, since the Wii don't depends on IOS249. In the worst case, you have a corrupted IOS, but because this IOS never get's used, it doesn't bother you."

Try explaining that to someone who knows nothing about modding and just wants to play backups. We get calls about several bricked Wiis on a weekly basis. Some are damaged to a point that the nand needs to be flashed.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely love it.

can a bigger hd also be used, like 500 GB?

Whats the price for the kit?

Let me know.

Nice video BTW.

GMODZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G0dLiKe said:
I absolutely love it.

Let me know.

Nice video BTW.

You can use any size hdd you want. You can visit their website www.d2sun.com. Find a distributor in your area. It also comes with adapter if you want to use 3.5" SATA drive but it would have to be outside of the Wii

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GMODZ said:
G0dLiKe said:
I absolutely love it.

Let me know.

Nice video BTW.

You can use any size hdd you want. You can visit their website www.d2sun.com. Find a distributor in your area. It also comes with adapter if you want to use 3.5" SATA drive but it would have to be outside of the Wii

how's the compatability with HD's , I've tried several different hard drives with USB loader , but could only get a couple of them to work.

GMODZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
drizzt007 said:
GMODZ said:
G0dLiKe said:
I absolutely love it.

Let me know.

Nice video BTW.

how's the compatability with HD's , I've tried several different hard drives with USB loader , but could only get a couple of them to work.

we have only tried WD, seagate and hitachi and no issues. The team hasnt said there is a certain list that only works.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it's like usb loaders it depends on the drives controller being compatible cause i've one external box that accepts any hard drive I can throw at it from 4.3Gb to 500Gb hard drives all different makes and iterfaces sata, ide and laptop

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

GMODZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WODE is shipping out to distributors on Monday Dec 28th in small qty as they are produced. Sample kit was sent to Wiinewz for review

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
i cant wait for my WODE TO show up at my house .... this new sundrive .. they should made a faceplate also for this new one ..if you anit going to use the drive hole... then they could of made a faceplate to fill it up .. bc it dosnt look right at all.. that is what turn me off on the chip ..

GMODZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djbubba2002 said:
i cant wait for my WODE TO show up at my house .... this new sundrive .. they should made a faceplate also for this new one ..if you anit going to use the drive hole... then they could of made a faceplate to fill it up .. bc it dosnt look right at all.. that is what turn me off on the chip ..

They have SUN-HD which will be coming out sometime in January. This will retain the DVD drive like the WODE

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
maybe good for those who have defective drives or with newer drives that don't want to do homebrew.

and might be good since it's not using homebrew to play backups

i very interested on the method it loads the game..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1