• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Global Waming's Solution(ish)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,690
  • Replies 88

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easy Solution: Strip nekkid for cool, hug later for warm. :tpi:

To throw my idea in the pot, I think we have a time limit as a species to evolve and travel away from Earth before it leaves the Goldilocks zone. Most of that time has come and gone with the dinosaurs and fossil fuel is bad but I think it's the temporary way to advance. (given humanity does the right choices in time)

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
CO2 is really bad, eh! It's good knowing that plants don't use it to feed and in the same process to convert it to O2. We would be in deep trouble if plants were to act like that...

I am ashamed of my breath, releasing CO2 like a disgusting animal...

lexarvn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but when the alternative is uhhh... Really bad, to put it mildly, I don't see a lot of options.
Causing a nuclear winter is a really bad too though. Short term, it may help, but more than likely in the long run, it will just end up exacerbating the problem.
Photosynthesis will go down due to the blocked sunlight, slowing co2 absorption, and solar farms will have lower yield, increasing reliance on fossil fuels which will inevitably make the rate of co2 put into the atmosphere go up.
When the nuclear winter ends, we'll likely be in a far worse situation than if we did nothing.

Reactions: Nightwish

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pine trees are the answer to everything. Pitch is very combustible. If someone found a way to make pitch into fuel, Fossil fuels would not be needed anymore. The trees could make us some oxygen, We could harvest pitch from them. There would need to be alot more arborists though.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you think the bible is the only place where God is referenced?
Lol no, but it's literally a book of lies and has the most concentrated use of religious figures and ideals that you'll find (I mean, it's the bible).
"Being gay is wrong."
"Hit your children, or you don't love them."
"You planet is 6000 years old."

Every single one of those statements are incorrect. You clearly have no argument, just shallow "what you said is stupid" responses.
Devoted Christians are just scared that God will descend down from the heavens wearing a kiss outfit, playing a flaming electric guitar, getting ready to fuck them in the ass if they dare questions anything the holy book states.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let it Go! Let it Go! Oh sorry Global Warming again f**k me Global Cooling , Global Warming make up your mind the solution well Taxing aint gonna change it then again we use money for everything so.

However the whole damn Solar System is in Global Warming all Planets and our Sun has Patches in it so we need to send money to the other planets afterwards so we can tax those Martians , and dont forget those bloody russians on the moon that is where Mueller needs to investigate about Trump it is out there with floating empty bottles of vodka and a huge Helghast Army that is where they are operating from and in general 99% Population that keeps Shitting out their ass , damn all that farting. And the Lefts usual Shit Talking well.

PEOPLE JUST STOP BREATHING BECAUSE MOTHER EARTH IS HAVING A HOT FLUSH.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
...if we all adopt butt plug to stop adding methane in the air
and then do big ones for cows...
Go for it man, I'll be right behind you ;)
I was doing a bit of research on nuclear winter.

Y'all can already see where this is going. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something, but would it be possible to detonate a couple of nukes in the stratosphere to slow down, if not reverse global warming?
Please, not another Elon Musk. The guy might be a genius, but I firmly believe that if we listened to him for everything we'd end up erasing our own existence. Nukes are not a good solution to anything, they cause too much harm.

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
At first I've been skeptical myself. But after learning how carbon dioxide molecules behave when hit by heat radiation and light it became very clear to me.
But I don't think reducing our CO2 emissions would be enough. If we want to re-balance the global temperature we will have to regrow the destroyed forests for 2 reasons: First getting CO2 separated into carbon and oxygen. Second using the plants for active temperature reduction. Trees consume a lot of energy to do their photosynthesis and maintain their metabolism. They also release water out of their leaves which quickly evaporates. The change from a liquid state to vaporous consumes a lot of warmth from the immediate area. The same effect sweat cools down our body.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
At first I've been skeptical myself. But after learning how carbon dioxide molecules behave when hit by heat radiation and light it became very clear to me.
But I don't think reducing our CO2 emissions would be enough. If we want to re-balance the global temperature we will have to regrow the destroyed forests for 2 reasons: First getting CO2 separated into carbon and oxygen. Second using the plants for active temperature reduction. Trees consume a lot of energy to do their photosynthesis and maintain their metabolism. They also release water out of their leaves which quickly evaporates. The change from a liquid state to vaporous consumes a lot of warmth from the immediate area. The same effect sweat cools down our body.

That's a good long term solution. The problem is I'm worried we won't have the time for trees to be regrown. From what I understand, we're in imminent danger.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
That's a good long term solution. The problem is I'm worried we won't have the time for trees to be regrown. From what I understand, we're in imminent danger.
Looking at just the U.S., trees alone take up 6 times the area of all the cities and towns in the country put together.
This is not counting other greenery plants. And less the 10% of the land has been developed. Over 90% of the land is untouched.

Last edited by SG854,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think whatever you're hoping to protect by countering global warming with nukes will surely die off from the extensive radiation exposure.

We and a lot of other wildlife would be better off if we found a less extreme solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.