Glitched screen when installing arm9loaderhax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ficion, Jan 7, 2017.

1. ficion
    OP

ficion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    EDIT: Solved, thanks to munchy_cool. If you have a similar problem, make sure to have the latest version on all your files from Github.

~~

Hey everyone, I'd love if someone could help me with this.
    I have an O3DS and a N3DS and I've been wanting to get into CFW for a while now, and thanks to the latest exploits it's been now possible to do that from 11.2.0, I figured I would try on my O3DS first.

I have been following this guide. I successfully downgraded to 2.1.0-4U as it was required, and everything has been going well until I reached the arm9loaderhax installation step. I keep getting a glitched screen when loading the exploit through the mentioned URL on the 3DS Browser.

I am aware of the guide's FAQ mentioning this issue:
    However, this doesn't really work for me, as it seem the installation doesn't really take place. I know that because no OTP.bin file is generated on sdcard:/a9lh/, and I am also unable to boot to Luma3DS as the guide follows.

I really have no idea what am I doing wrong. I checked the SD card against any corruption, I properly formatted it to FAT32 with 32KB of memory allocation and made sure to follow all the steps carefully. Even then, I also tried copying all the contents of the original SD card to a different SD card to no avail; and tried to redo the entire section of Installing arm9loaderhax, that is, copying all the files to the SD card again. I really don't know what am I doing wrong.

I seem to have the same problem as in this post, this person already fixed his problem but doesn't know how he did it.

This is a picture of the screen glitched. The console stays like that forever (apparently; I've only waited like 10 minutes max.), even after pressing SELECT. I assume the console has just crashed.

I'd really appreciate some help! I feel like I'm missing something obvious, and I'm so close to finish this!

Last edited by ficion, Jan 7, 2017

2. Manlydonut

Manlydonut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    I guess the first thing to look into would be your a9lh folder on your SD card. I know this is silly to ask, but best to start somewhere. Are you CERTAIN you have every file needed in that? Never hurts to triple check. Look it over carefully.

x65943 likes this.
  3. ficion
    OP

ficion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    This is all I've got in /a9lh/. I think it's all correct there. The person in that post also has the same files (minus the .sha hash files) as well.

4. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    what's in /files9/?

5. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Go to your Browser's settings and clear the data of the browser and try it again.
    It worked for me.

x65943 likes this.
  6. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Show us the files on the root of your SD card.

7. Manlydonut

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    That does look correct. If you can, a screenshot of your files9 and root would help immensely as well.

8. ficion
    OP

ficion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Here are most of the folders:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have tried this several times to no avail as well... The glitch screen seems to be the same every time too.

9. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Although my a9lh folder shows I have my otp.bin file, that does not seem to be the case leading to this problem, since I had the same problem as you and I fixed it by clearing up my browser's settings and trying it 2 times.
    Regardless, do that and then get back to us.

10. hmr1

hmr1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2015
    Brazil
    Santo André, Brazil
    hi, can someone help me too?

im getting payload_stage1.bin doesnt exist or exceeds max size

11. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    edit: nvm

12. ficion
    OP

ficion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I just tried resetting the browser's settings once again and... it went into a black screen after I pressed SELECT? I was scared for a second and I restarted the console after a minute of waiting on the black screen. Nothing new though, still no OTP.bin file. I am still trying again though.

13. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Show us the contents of your a9lh folder on your SD.

14. hmr1

hmr1 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2015
    Brazil
    Santo André, Brazil

i get the otp.bin file

but the next step (luma boot holding select) dont work

15. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    What happens when you try to boot? Does it just go to the home menu? If so, it sounds like you don't have the correct files in your A9LH folder when running the installer.

16. Manlydonut

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    Try it a few more times and keep us updated. To my understanding, it can be a bit fickle. Give it around 10-15 seconds before shutting it down, to be sure though.

17. ficion
    OP

ficion Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Well I've been trying like 6 times now. I have now been able to consistently get a black screen. I have no idea why I get that now, I thought it was my timing when pressing SELECT, but nope, it seems to happen always now?
    Still... it still doesn't seem to work, anyway. I will keep trying, of course.

18. munchy_cool

munchy_cool GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 15, 2016
    United States
    there was a bad file ..

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

download this again

https://github.com/Plailect/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/latest

and repeat this step

6.Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller .7z to the root of your SD card

19. SahierKHLover

SahierKHLover GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    Guess
    op try doing the guide again but first restore your original nand backup and then try the guide again best solution I can give

20. Manlydonut

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    I give bad advice. Listen to these two, seems like a much more solid plan.