Gaming Gifting Nintendo Switch games

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.

So, soon will be the brithday of a close friend of mine and I heard you guys like Snake Pass. I've seen some videos and looks quite cool.

My friend has a Switch, and I wanted to purchase Snake Pass for him, but it seems I am not able to find the way to do it properly. And transfer money to him for him to do the purchase looks like terrible idea to me.

Any clues how to do this? Sadly Snake Pass is only digital. This would be much easier in physical format.

Reactions: Quantumcat

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually kinda wanted to force Snake Pass on him. This allows him to buy whatever, yes?
Yes, it does. Not sure if retailers sell switch eshop games codes, so if you don't find another way, just get him those eshop cards and convince him to get snake pass.

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Offer him a birthday cupcake. Don't tell him that it has rohypnol in it. While he's unconscious, install Snake Pass on his switch. Then draw a penis on his face.

This is really EoF. But extra points for creativity. It's a shame Ninty hasn't thought of this use case.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all.

So, soon will be the brithday of a close friend of mine and I heard you guys like Snake Pass. I've seen some videos and looks quite cool.

My friend has a Switch, and I wanted to purchase Snake Pass for him, but it seems I am not able to find the way to do it properly. And transfer money to him for him to do the purchase looks like terrible idea to me.

Any clues how to do this? Sadly Snake Pass is only digital. This would be much easier in physical format.
Are you IRL friends? If so you could borrow his switch for a min and sneakily go to eShop and buy Snake Pass inputting your own credit card information.

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you IRL friends? If so you could borrow his switch for a min and sneakily go to eShop and buy Snake Pass inputting your own credit card information.

Yeah we are, but that move is not possible. Already thought about it, and the amount of sneakyness required due to external circumstances is too insane to pull it off cleanly.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just visit him. When he is at the toilet or kitchen. Start his Switch, go to E-Shop buy game, start download =)

Yeah guys I get you, but he's really aware of his new system and I don't have that much time to be around for that. Great insights, thank you, but I guess I'll have to think about it a little more.

Urbanshadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Make/Print a Snake Pass DVD game cover for an old DVD-case and put a eshop card inside. So it is clear that you want to give him this game and didn't just buy a eshop card because you have no idea.

That's actually a great idea!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make/Print a Snake Pass DVD game cover for an old DVD-case and put a eshop card inside. So it is clear that you want to give him this game and didn't just buy a eshop card because you have no idea.
I think that would be the better idea. At least it gets the message through.
Anyway, I still feel it is BS, you should have a way to do it.
I don't ask as something as well done as gift sending on Steam, but... No, I actually ask for that, Nintendo media pila carajo!

Reactions: Urbanshadow

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just buy eshop giftcard.
I think there are a few places that sell codes.
I know i bought a code for snipperclips from bestbuy because i had a coupon.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Leave it to Nintendo to not think about friends systems at all. 2017 and still no way to even CONTACT your friends on the system
LUB1Mxr.png
. Something like sending gifts to friends? Not until maybe 3 more consoles.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Leave it to Nintendo to not think about friends systems at all. 2017 and still no way to even CONTACT your friends on the system
LUB1Mxr.png
. Something like sending gifts to friends? Not until maybe 3 more consoles.
It's all coming with the phone app.. Whenever that gets released.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1