GFWL question

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by titanix, Jul 31, 2012.

Jul 31, 2012

GFWL question by titanix at 9:34 PM (391 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. titanix
    OP

Newcomer titanix Member

Brazil
    Hello everyone, theres another subject rounded by hoaxes and vague informations that came up with my friends: GFWL games, playing offline and gamertag

I have the following scenario:
    1. I got a virgin Xbox 360 Slim where I play a few games with my gamertag;
    2. Theres some GFWL titles that I'd like to play for the achievements. Yes, its all torrented copies;

If I log on GFWL window to play these games with my XBLA gamertag, can I play and record my stats normally or I'll get my account banned?

When I came up with this question, hell started. Each people tell a story, everything is vague. The forums are filled with dumbass anti-piracy commenters and troll fags, no one says nothing. I know I can get solid information here, so I'm asking.

One more time I'd like to thank this awesome community!

2. Carnivean

Member Carnivean STARMAN

United Kingdom
    For a number of games you can use a generic GFWL key to associate them with your XBLA gamertag. This includes the original SFIV, GTAIV and Fallout 3. All other games you will need a valid proper serial for to play on GFWL at all, this is games such as SSFIVAE, Arkham City and pretty much all recent titles. There's no way to get magical free achievements without at least investing in the generic key and playing the games it works with.

3. titanix
    OP

Newcomer titanix Member

Brazil
    Good. Then if I get an generic legit key I can play it without worries? I have a Kane & Lynch Dead Men key I won, there's a bunch of games possible to activate with this. Is alright to use it to play with my gamertag?