GF Broke DS awhile back

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mysticcal, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Mysticcal
    OP

Mysticcal Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2006
    So. she ripped it in half. i'm guessing there's 2 cables that go between which she ripped in the process. does the top LCD cable disconnect or would I have to buy an entire new LCD?

anyone know the cables that passthrough and if I only need to buy just them or I need to buy a whole setup?

thanks.

2. Kittymat

Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 16, 2008
    UK
    DS Phat - if it is completely in half you will need a new screen cable (this is seperate to the screen) and a new Wifi board as this (black wire) is near impossible to repair.

DS Lite, you will need a new top screen (cable is part of the screen) and a microphone and wifi unit (cheap off eBay)

+ a new case of course try www.dealextreme.com - cheap and pretty good

3. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Maybe so broke it because you isn't given any attention to her! [​IMG]

4. Mysticcal
    OP

Mysticcal Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2006

it's lite. thanks for the info. guess i'll still be using hers for awhile longer.... stupid pink...

god I hate raging GFs

Quick question. could the wifi cable / microphone cable lines be soldered back to life? and. what about the speakers?

5. camintmier

camintmier Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2008
    United States
    WV, USA
    The mic cable looks like it could probably be replaced by a very small "twin lead" type cable, or maybe something like one side of a headphone cable (shielded cable). Depending on it's thickness, it might be fun trying to get it under the Slot-1 bracket.

The wifi wire is meant to carry RF signal, so I'm not really sure. It looks like it might be a shielded cable (I'm looking at it thru my clear case btw), and finding a shielded cable that small might be a fun task. Might be cheaper to just buy a replacement set of cables off Ebay or someone with a dead DS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice