Hacking GF Broke DS awhile back

Mysticcal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So. she ripped it in half. i'm guessing there's 2 cables that go between which she ripped in the process. does the top LCD cable disconnect or would I have to buy an entire new LCD?

anyone know the cables that passthrough and if I only need to buy just them or I need to buy a whole setup?

thanks.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS Phat - if it is completely in half you will need a new screen cable (this is seperate to the screen) and a new Wifi board as this (black wire) is near impossible to repair.

DS Lite, you will need a new top screen (cable is part of the screen) and a microphone and wifi unit (cheap off eBay)

+ a new case of course try www.dealextreme.com - cheap and pretty good

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Mysticcal said:
So. she ripped it in half. i'm guessing there's 2 cables that go between which she ripped in the process. does the top LCD cable disconnect or would I have to buy an entire new LCD?

anyone know the cables that passthrough and if I only need to buy just them or I need to buy a whole setup?

thanks.

Maybe so broke it because you isn't given any attention to her!
unsure.gif

Mysticcal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
DS Phat - if it is completely in half you will need a new screen cable (this is seperate to the screen) and a new Wifi board as this (black wire) is near impossible to repair.

DS Lite, you will need a new top screen (cable is part of the screen) and a microphone and wifi unit (cheap off eBay)

+ a new case of course try www.dealextreme.com - cheap and pretty good

it's lite. thanks for the info. guess i'll still be using hers for awhile longer.... stupid pink...

god I hate raging GFs

Quick question. could the wifi cable / microphone cable lines be soldered back to life? and. what about the speakers?

camintmier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mic cable looks like it could probably be replaced by a very small "twin lead" type cable, or maybe something like one side of a headphone cable (shielded cable). Depending on it's thickness, it might be fun trying to get it under the Slot-1 bracket.

The wifi wire is meant to carry RF signal, so I'm not really sure. It looks like it might be a shielded cable (I'm looking at it thru my clear case btw), and finding a shielded cable that small might be a fun task. Might be cheaper to just buy a replacement set of cables off Ebay or someone with a dead DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE