Getting the "an error has occured screen, please remove SD Card" message when booting CIA.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by epicmartin7, Apr 2, 2016.

1. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys. So I managed to inject a Virtual Console game into the VC release of Super Mario World. Well, everything worked flawlessly until I changed the title ID of the game. Ever since I've changed the title ID, it has crashed with the "an error has occurred" message. I've tried searching on Google for at least for 2 Hours, but couldn't really find anything regarding this issue. I'm just curious on what I did wrong with this.

For those wondering, I'm on CakesFW 10.7 EmuNAND.

As well, I rebuilt the game with the 3DS to CIA converter and marked "FW Spoof" on.

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Did you change the version on sysnand aswell as on emunand remember it has to be on both to work

3. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Wouldn't that be only for GBA VC though due to it running on AGB_FIRM? I'm talking about just normal VC games practically be run through an emulator :P.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Oh yes very good point I was thinking of the gba version of super Mario World lol

5. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Okay... so I've tried generating xorpads with it and converting the modded VC title that way, and it's still giving me an error screen. I've looked to make sure the code.bin isn't decompressed or the header's not messed up. Everything seems fine until I boot it up. I seriously need some help in getting this to work.

Like I said, it all started when I changed the Title ID, but that even checks out fine when I look at it in an hex editor.

6. epicmartin7
    OP

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Eh... I do really need some assistance. I'll just bump it and see what happens. Sorry for the double post, but I've been trying to get this to work for about 2 days nearly non-stop. I just need some help.

7. Sielrok

Sielrok Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    United States
    Are your NANDs Unlinked? Even with the AGB-Firm patch, it needs to be Installed on Both sys and emu to work. I think this applies to GBA games.