Getting sd caffeine to work for 5.5.1

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sn10jg, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    So I finally managed to update my wiiu but now I'm trying to get smash4 mods working again. I downloaded the sd caffeine as a homebrew app using haxchi. Sd caffeine doesn't seem to work or it just hangs like caffeine would if it couldn't find an ip address (the splash screen remains on the wiiu controller). Basically it doesn't load up the same way like 5.3.2 would. So is there another sd caffeine to download because I can't seem to find it or another way to load smash4 mods quickly?

2. ThatNintendoNerd

ThatNintendoNerd GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    A Cartridge
    1. Maybe you added/typed the wrong directory
    2. Make sure its the one from the Homebrew Appstore
    3. Are you using a config.txt for this?

3. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    I never had to modify the config.txt before. I don't need to input the ip address because I use the sd card. I used the one from the homebrew store but I don't know if it installed correctly because it would just hang. I'll check those again though.

4. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    What is the config file that I need to use or make? It just hangs on the screen and this is the one from the app store. I need this to work only because I don't have access to internet to use loadiine.

5. ThatNintendoNerd

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    A Cartridge
    So did you ever install a config.txt? Its for loading a fw.img or elf app with a certain input. So you can have, for example; RedNand as default, but holding L loads SDCafiine instead of RedNand.

6. Sn10jg
    OP

Sn10jg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    Canada
    Nope so I would need RedNand probably. I'll look into that.

7. ThatNintendoNerd

Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    A Cartridge
    That's not at all what I'm saying. I was using that as an example. What you should do is copy and paste the directory to the elf with the .elf file at the end of that line. Then inject the config.text, leave SDCafiine where it is, then try.

8. xKaii

xKaii GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2016
    I just downloaded sdcaffiine using appstore loaded from haxchii and got no issues.

9. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I use SD Cafiine all the time through the HBL channel. My son loads it up before playing SSBB all the time. Works great