Getting saves off USB HDD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by djvj, Dec 29, 2016.

1. djvj
    OP

djvj Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    I am trying to backup my saves for Hyrule Warriors in order to get the app.bin to use in a trainer, but when I go to Data Management to copy the save, my only choice is to delete. How do I get the save data from the USB HDD?

Using Mocha CFW and 5.5.1u.

2. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
  3. KevinX8

KevinX8 Proud user of The Dark Theme

May 12, 2016
    Down there
    djvj and x65943 like this.
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Saviine is the best way to inject saves due to never getting the permissions wrong (since after all is running as the game's process), although for backing up wupserver/ftpiiu are very fine.

Also you only mentioned the personal folder, as opposed to the all-users save :)

5. KevinX8

KevinX8 Proud user of The Dark Theme

May 12, 2016
    Down there
    Global save is also there IF it exits for that game, saviine thosent do anything to keep the permissions, it would be no different than copying with ftpiiu

6. djvj
    OP

djvj Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    I tried ftpiiu_everywhere, but it has a list error when reading the usb folder. It can only list the sd folder fine. I found out that this is because of a bug in the iosu exploit and an update by dimok fixed this. I'm running mocha cfw and rednand, so I have to wait for a mocha update with the latest changes he made to be incorporated.

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    There are 2 versions of ftpiiu-everywhere in the app store, one is for fw.img and mocha, the other (higher version number) is for the minicfw of haxchi and cbhc
    Yes, you must start a cfw first! :)