Getting ready for E3 2011

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chadders, May 6, 2011.

May 6, 2011

Getting ready for E3 2011 by chadders at 10:43 AM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. chadders
    OP

Member chadders GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Hi guys, with E3 only a few weeks away now, I'm starting to think of what might be, not just with the 3DS but all the other new consoles to.

With regards to 3DS, I'm pretty sure we can all expect to see the likes of Mario 3DS, Mario Kart 3D, Legend of Zelda and all that good stuff and I'm sure Nintendo will announce loads more games. I would personally like to see a Pikmin games for 3DS where the gyro can be used to like around in the world like your really looking down on a garden, kind of AR like but not, if you know what I mean.

I'm also quite interested in seeing what the big N are going to do with the whole e-shop thing, I know there giving us a free copy of Excite bike 3D with the new update at the end of this month, but I wonder what other games are going to get the 3D treatment and are we going to be able to download 3DS demos, either through the e-shop or the Wii Nintendo channel, or are they going to save that for the Wii 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the 'Wii 2', who knows at this point. I'm sure we've all read the news on here about the controller and what not but I think this could be really exciting. One of the points I'm really interested in, is what we've heard about the whole 'streaming' to the controller business. If this is going to be full on Wii 2 games I'm a happy man, and just imagine if the screen on the controller is 3D????? I've not heard or read anyone bring this point up before I don't think and I know Reggie said something along the lines of 3D TV's aren't in enough homes yet so could this be a possibility????? Fingers crossed!!

Finally we have the NGP/PSP2, which I'm pretty sure we're going to hear the price/release date announced and hopfully aload of games to (hoping to see some Call of Duty running to be honest!!) I also think the rear touch panel may be able to have some interesting uses, all be it the 3DS can kind of do something similar using the microphone tapping your fingers on the back!!!! Lets just wait and see ay!

I'm not a fan boy of any of the gaming companies, I own all the consoles, except the PS3 which I never bought into for some reason, don't know why, but I think I'll be getting the NGP as I've been playing my PSP quite alot recently, God of War, Little Big Planet and I've also just finished Metal Gear Solid from the PSX, loved it, lol!!!! No doubt I will get the Wii 2 aswell, just can't help myself when it comes to new consoles!!!!

Any way, just thought I'd get that off my chest!!!! fell abit better now!!!!! and heres hoping for a happy E3 2011!!!!!!!

Cheers guys!!

2. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    NGP...I wonder if it gets delayed, Sony are already in deep shit, they might as well delay it [​IMG]

3. JoshuaS153

Member JoshuaS153 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Looking forward to finding out weather all these project cafe rumors are true or not.
    And yeah, I'm guessing the NGP's gonna get delayed, then again, there's no release date yet anyway, is there? [​IMG]

4. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    PS3P won't be delayed.
    They need to bring a new platform so unless they announce PS4, PS3P will be on track for December in Japan, and March or April everywhere else.

My body is ready for e3.
    Nintendo will steal the show for the third year in a row.

5. naved.islam14

Member naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sri Lanka
    Evey time In hear about the E3 it makes me sad [​IMG] and [​IMG] and [​IMG]

6. Nollog

Ireland
    Why? Do you have an xbox?

7. JoshuaS153

Member JoshuaS153 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    +1

8. Nollog

Ireland
    I just hope the ms conference isn't all ESPN this year.

9. Waflix

Member Waflix El Psy Congroo

Netherlands
    I'm just hoping to hear some information about the successor of the Wii/Project Café: Wii 2/Wii HD/Nintendo Stream/Nintendo Feel. I hope it isn't just a piece of crap.

10. chadders
    OP

Member chadders GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Im also wondering what else Ninty are going to be doing with AR, I quite enjoyed the built in stuff!!!!lol

11. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I could see them either delaying it, or rushing it out.

I could see them releasing it really short after E3, just so people forget about the whole PSN thing.

As of Project Cafe, I am not so pumped for it now, because I love my Wii, but when it gets announced, I'm predicting to go crazy.

I just want a whole lot of 3DS stuff.

Edit:

Also, Nintendo said "Project Cafe" would be playable at E3, but... they never released the Vitality Sensor. They announced it, and people forgot about it. I can't believe they got away with that.

12. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    The said in a recent interview that that was still coming.

13. 6HyPeR9

Newcomer 6HyPeR9 Advanced Member

United States
    Can't wait to see more info about the new Nintendo console.

Whatever happened to Pikmin 3 anyways?

14. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    At first I was like "a touch screen controller for the wii 2, eww", but after I talked with my buddy and he mentioned about how they could make game specific button layouts for a game...damn that would be cool. It would obviously need multi touch and a way to cut down on IC lag, but yeah, that could be killer.