PS1/2 Getting PS2Games 2 HDD W/o original disk

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've spent the past few weeks trying to figure this out and unfortunately, I've come to a conclusion that Google is a jerk.

Every time I purchase my games, I make backups. They always get scratched and damaged no matter how hard I try.. So happens my FFX Disk is damaged. Thankfully, I modded my PS2 succesfully, but due to unforseen circumstances upon not being able to find affordable acceptable blank media, I'm unable to play them through burning them. So I went on a hunt to get the perfect hard drive for my PS2, and now I'm at Google's mercy. I'm unable to find a method of getting the backup iso's onto said hard drive. I've read only a few methods which involve swapping during the reading process, but it either crashes or is corrupted. If anyone has a guide, or knows wheather or not this is even possible, I would love the support. Any information that you may require I'll be able to answer on a ask-me basis, only because I don't really know much about what I've done ^_^
( The hard drive works, i've used some of my other games with HD Loader to install them to the HD and play them successfully. )
Thanks!

-Klideklown

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rip the game on your pc to an iso file and then use Winhiip to move them to your PS2 hard drive. Winhiip will let you pc recognize the Ps2 hard drive when you connect it to your pc.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rip the game on your pc to an iso file and then use Winhiip to move them to your PS2 hard drive. Winhiip will let you pc recognize the Ps2 hard drive when you connect it to your pc.
Alright then. Thank you ^_^ Next - I'm aweful at computer hardware. my only PC I have now uses SATA and the PS2 Is IDE. I saw a few USB Dongles which say it can connect it, or is SATA compatible with IDE?

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I really should get one of those adapters, would make things much easier than popping open my PC when I want to change games.

Been a while since I used the software myself (my poor PS2s have been collecting dust since I got a PSP a few months ago) but I still remember the basics. You start the software, pick the PS2 formatted hard drive from a dropdown menu. Click the Add ISO button (may have a different name, but would be similar), scroll through your storage devices until you find the file, then just add it.

klideklown

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woop! Got the adaptor right now. Only took a day to deliver, which was awesome. The interface is easy as cake, problem, I accidently touched my hard drive and apparently, the adaptor is anal-sensative when it comes to moving it.. But now I have it running again and my games are transfering nicely. Thank you both for your help, its much appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night