Getting FTPii v17 to mount \DVD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by crinz, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

Getting FTPii v17 to mount \DVD by crinz at 9:44 AM (1,095 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. crinz
    OP

Newcomer crinz Member

United Kingdom
    I have installed DVDX with IOS 249 but keep on gettnig the same issue tryig to use ftpii to mount a dvd game (original and backups)

it states:

mounting DVD............
    mounting images at \wod....suceeded
    mounting wii disc filesystem at \fst.....suceeded
    mounting ISO9660 filesystem at \dvd.........failed

I am trying to get my opening.bnr from the game so if i dont need access to that part then it doesnt matter just a bit confused why it wont mount

I am on 4.0, used Gamma in the past fine, using usb loader now.

any ideas??

2. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Did you do a custom DVDX install to ios249? If so... I think that's probably the issue. I don't think FTPii uses ios 249, I think it uses the default DVDX install.

You don't need to uninstall the stub from IOS249, just run the install of DVDX again but this time just use the default and the stub will be installed for both IOS (is the default 36? 16? I honestly don't recall off the top of my head)

3. grakje

Newcomer grakje Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Also interested in this, since my Ftpii doens't allow me to browse through the files either.

4. crinz
    OP

Newcomer crinz Member

United Kingdom
    thanks for the help guys

I installed dvdx using normal install (IOS36) and tried mounting a disc through ftpii, all 3 aspects of the mounting failed this time

went back to dvdx, uninstalled the lot and reinstalled with ios249 and it is back to where i started.

I found out i dont need access to \dvd and have found opening.bnr so i have it working as much as i need to

Thanks tho