Getting error when trying to launch Ds profile

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JumpingShadow, Mar 24, 2015.

1. JumpingShadow
    OP

JumpingShadow Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    France
    Hi,

So everything was fine til today, I was using gateway regularly on my 3DSXL (firmware 4.5) always using the ds profile to launch the gateway menu... everything was smooth. Today, I had a game launched, didn't have time to save so just closed the lid. When i reopen the lid a while later, the game was frozen and the home button wasn't responding either so i had to force shut down the 3DS. Now when I start my console, I go to the sysnand menu to launch the gateway menu but instead everytime i pick DSprofile, I get an error saying
    "An error has occurred. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost)" and I get kicked back to my sysnand. I tried with or without the gateway card inserted, same result.

Anyone has an idea of what i can do to solve the problem and access my emunand again?

Thanks in advance.

2. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    Is Launcher.dat on the SD card ?

3. JumpingShadow
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    France
    Yep it is, the SD card hasn't been touched since a while ago actually and the exploit was working this morning.

4. motezazer

motezazer GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    France
    Try to reinsert SD card

JumpingShadow likes this.
  5. mitroux

mitroux GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2007
    Macau
    reinstall the ds profile hack(the blue card)

6. JumpingShadow
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    France
    Merci, it fixed it. Now i realize how silly the issue was but since i hadn't touch the SD card in weeks I tried everything BUT that. Thanks so much anyway!

Edit: (The getting the sd card out and in again solved it in case anybody had the same problem)