Getting back after two years - where to start?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ConraDargo, Sep 15, 2012.

1. ConraDargo
    OP

Member ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Sweden
    Hey everyone!

So, I haven't been an active Wii-player for like two years now, but the latest news on a "new" Monster Hunter game for the Wii U made me wanna return to my legally purchased (that's right!) Monster Hunter Tri. The thing is, last time I used my Wii - I changed the region on it from US to EU in order to play with some European friends (I imported my console from the states since it was way cheaper that way), sooo I can't play any of my US games unless I make use of a Loader and back in the days when I was still an active player, I was using SoftChip r90. But when I booted up MH3 and tried starting the game just now, my Wii freezed and went "beeeeeeep" >< So I followed this guide I found in order to get my Wii back into its old US-shape and even got it updated from 3.2 to 4.1 that way... but now I've got a new problem -_-'

As things are now, the SoftChip r90 channel won't do anything because apparently - something changed when I switched back the region on my Wii, so all I get now is a red error message at the top of the SoftChip-menu. And the Disc Channel won't recognize any of my game's either... so yeah, things didn't go as well as I had planned and hoped for :wtf:

Thus what I'm wondering now is this: what would you recommend that I do? Could I simply connect my Wii to the Internet and download Nintendo's latest official update in order to clear the console's memory and take away all the softmods? Should I simply install a new Loader, and if so then what's everyone using right now (NeoGamma perhaps)? Maybe ModMii could fix things for me? Or is it just that I need to install... something else, whatever that is.

I'd really appreciate any help as I'm extremely keen on getting back into MH3 :) Thanks in advance.

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    update it using modmii. CFG loader for usb loading

3. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    And should I "start out fresh" i.e. answer "Yes" to the question whether it's my first time softmodding my Wii, or actually be picky about what content to put on the SD card to be installed on my console?

Edit: I actually went for the second option right after creating thus thread and now have the following on my SD, if it looks alright to you:

• This guide was generated using the following parameters:
      • Current System Menu is 4.1U
      • Desired System Menu is 4.1U
      • Install Photo Channel
      • Install Internet Channel
      • Install Weather Channel
      • Install News Channel
      • Install Mii Channel
      • Install Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
      • Install Wii Speak Channel
      • Install and\or update the Homebrew Channel and BootMii
      • Install recommended cIOSs
      • Download Yet Another Wad Manager Mod (YAWMM)
      • Install IOS236
      • Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
      • Do not Install a cMIOS (can be enabled in options)
      • Install a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel (can be disabled in options

4. ConraDargo
    OP

Sweden
    All is well, and there was much rejoice.

[​IMG]