Getting an Acekard quick in the UK?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Soapsub, Jul 2, 2011.

Jul 2, 2011
  1. Soapsub
    OP

Newcomer Soapsub Newbie

United Kingdom
    So, its my birthday (yay!) and my dad bought me a DSi. I'd heard of flashcards before, so I did some research and decided on the Acekard. I'm going on holiday on tuesday, and would love to have lots of games to play on the plane. I've been looking at a few sites, but they all say delivery takes 3-5 working days. Is there anyway I could get an Acekard to me in the uk, before tuesday 9 am? Thanks, guys. [​IMG]

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    It is pretty much impossible. Flash carts are illegal in the UK, which means that you can't just kind of pick them up unless you know exactly where you are looking at, and you are highly unlikely to find the cart you want, even if by luck, you find somewhere locally.

Most shops are Chinese based too, so it is more like 3-5 business weeks.

3. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    The quickest place to get one from is www.xpertron.co.uk. They are based in the Channel Islands so they get around the Mainland U.K. law and as they use Royal Mail it takes about 3-5 working days to get to you. You could pay extra for a courier but that's up to you. Their prices are not the cheapest but they are the quickest.

P.S. Happy Birthday.

4. keasy

Member keasy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That sites a heads up for me too thanks.
    Handy to know there is a localised vendor.

I just checked 0shipping and the SC DSTWO comes in at £21.47 on today's exchanger ate. That;s a saving of 14 pounds compared to the asking price of the same card on xperton.

The AK2i is almost 19 GBP and on 0shipping works out at half the price at £9.

I know you're desperate to get the roms for going on your hols so good luck. Just thought I'd show the major price differences if you'd be prepared to wait.

BTW it's worth noting that popular UK holiday destinations such as those in Spain often have shops that actually do flash cart services. I know it;s a gamble but I do know of at east two people in the past that visited Benidorm and purchased DSTT's in the past whilst on holiday there.

5. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    if you want to make sure you receive it fast and proper get one at NDS-Gear.
    They used to sell from the UK but because of the new law they moved to the USA. They still ship to the UK though.

6. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I think pigonthetree.com still ships (FREE) from the UK
    you might get it faster from them since you're in the UK

their prices is pretty good and they are kinda active here

7. keasy

Member keasy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Those prices are brilliant for a vendor that ships from the U.K.

Well and truly bookmarked.

Infact, when I return from my own hols I reckon I'm going to order a SC DSTwo from them.

8. NDS-Gear

Member NDS-Gear Member

United States
    Selling flash cards from any U.K. location including the Channel Islands became illegal in the U.K. as of August 2010. We were based in the U.K. before that and promptly moved to the U.S. afterwards.

As a result there are few stores claiming to ship from the U.K. these days (obviously us not included) but those that are risk closure and prosecution as has been seen in the last six months from the UKIE. Support for cards bought would obviously cease if the business gets prosecuted which is why we relocated - so that it's possible to still provide support for U.K. customers.

9. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Be careful with an Acekard purchase. It doesn't work on the latest firmware yet. The update is probably not too far away but it is suprising the acekard team seem to be loosing face of late with sluggish releases.

Currently working on latest firmware:

Cheap option - R4igold from R4iDS.cn team

Better option - Supercard DSTWO.

10. baggieman

Newcomer baggieman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    were do you live in the uk,as i get mine from a local car boot & market on a sunday,is
    there none local were you live tommrow or sunday?,just be carefull what you buy though
    as i have nown this guy for years,but there are a few fakes around i believe!

good luck anyways.

11. MrHuk

Newcomer MrHuk Member

United Kingdom
    I'm also in need a of genuine AceKard 2i for my mother, the shop I bought mine from is no longer in business sadly. I looked at NDS gear but they're out of stock.

12. Sebastian

Member Sebastian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why not buy in the store? it's quickly and convenient...

13. SlickGate

Newcomer SlickGate Advanced Member

China
    It is not allowed to sell flashcarts in UK

14. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I got mine from xpertron.co.uk, ordered on monday, got it today. i have updated it with the official update from acekard.com to support 1.4.3 on my dsi and i am using akaio 1.8.7 fine.