Getting an Acekard 2i...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by iTStorm, Dec 11, 2011.

1. iTStorm
    OP

iTStorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2011
    India
    Alright, so I bought an Acekard 2i and a TTDS (as a backup, so if anything happens to my Acekard, I can do the swapping thing for flashing the bootloader) from Coolgadgetsgift.com, which is on Acekard's reseller list.

1. I recently bought a Transcend 8GB Class 2 MicroSDHC card, but is it enough? I saw a person saying that you should at least have class 4.. and I can't get a refund for the card since I bought it from a store that doesn't give refunds (I live in India, and we don't really take refunds..)

2. Can I unbrick the Acekard 2i using a TTDS (with the swap method)?

That's pretty much all my questions.. If someone could answer them it would be appreciated.

2. rook2King

rook2King Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Should be fine, i have a Sandisk Class 2 8gb microsd and games play on my acekard just fine.

3. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    You should have no problem using the DSTT to fix a bricked Acekard 2i, if it happens.

4. iTStorm
    OP

iTStorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2011
    India
    That's good to know, also when converting saves (No$GBA to Acekard 2i Compatible) using the Shunyweb converter, its No$GBA (.sav) to Acekard 2 | CycloDS | (etc.) right? Since I already started my Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, I would like the same save.

Also, where do I place the save file?

5. Sinistral89

Sinistral89 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Sweden
    Yeah No$GBA to Acekard 2 is the right way to go.

You place the saves in the same directory as the roms. Just make sure they have the same name (ABCD.nds / ABCD.sav)

6. iTStorm
    OP

iTStorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2011
    India
    Thanks for answering, could a mod lock this?

7. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    AceKard already uses a raw save type, so converting it to AceKard 2i format should normally not be needed.
    Of course, that is only if you were using a Raw save type in NO$GBA. If you were using Compressed or Uncompressed, then you'd have to convert it.
    But it'd be easier to just set the "SAV/SNA type ==" line in NO$GBA.INI to "Raw" instead of "Compressed/Uncompressed"; the emulator should be able to load compressed save files anyway and automatically convert them to raw.

8. iTStorm
    OP

iTStorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2011
    India
    Will try that out now. But the Shunyweb converter method still works right?

Also, can I directly update the bootloader? From the original bootloader to 3.0.0-5U.

9. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Check AK2i's HWID (hardware id) if it's 81. If so, you can do update.

10. iTStorm
    OP

iTStorm Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2011
    India
    Yep it is, + I just got my Acekard today, time to have some fun :)