Getting a previously softmodded Wii up to date

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by joejoejrshab, Apr 7, 2017.

1. joejoejrshab
    OP

joejoejrshab Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    I've recently got the itch to play SSBM on my Wii but all I've found is my empty box, and I know around the time I stopped using my Wii, a USB Loader GX(?) started supporting the booting of GC games from usb, so I'd like to get all of my stuff up to date so that I can run it off a flash drive but I genuinely have no idea what I've done in the past, what I need to undo before I can move forward, and what I should be fixing to get my Wii up to date. Can someone give me some information to figure all this out? It's been a long time since I've touched any of this.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Don't undo any mods just follow the guide like it's a virgin wii

http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.php?t=96886

Zidapi and joejoejrshab like this.
  3. joejoejrshab
    OP

joejoejrshab Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2007
    United States
    Sounds easier than I expected, I will probably get to doing this sometime tonight and report back when I'm done. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to come back to this. Worked like a charm, a note for anyone who finds this, the provided guide is great, and most of the stuff works as is, but you may have to update some of the things provided. I was having a problem with the version of usb loader gx that they included and had to go download the latest version. Otherwise, the guide works great.

Last edited by joejoejrshab, Apr 16, 2017
    Shadow#1 and Zidapi like this.