OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To get the game to work WITHOUT having to do 15% trick, click here (using TruchaSigner).

DOES NOT WORK WITH WIINJA or WiiD

Don't mess with the disc swap trick. All chips work fine (including wiikey) without swaping. Swaping is something that some people optionally decide to do since they couldn't run brick-blocker on the DVD9 ISO.

There are two options to avoid having to swap. Option A leaves you with duplicated channels but the only thing you need is a single DVD9 release disc. Option B doens't leave you with duplicate channels but you do need two discs (either two release DVD9 discs or one release DVD9 disc and one DVD5 disc).

**Remember not to run the update AT ALL (total or partially) if your wii is not previously upgraded to begin with at 3.1. or you risk serious problems**** If your Wii's firmware is already at 3.1, just about everyone has reported success with either options and there seems to be no risk of "bricking". As always, use at your own risk, tough.

OPTION A (DUPLICATED CHANNELS, NO SWAP)
-Burn your DVD9 to a dual layer DVD+ DL (or DVD-R DL) disc.
-You may need to run regionfrii on your ISO before you burn it unless your chip has automatic mutiregion enabled. In this case, running regionfrii is optional. It never "hurts" to run it, so do it if you want and set it to your region.
-Now put the disc in and it will prompt you to run the update. Let it finish to 100%.
-Your are done. No more problems or swaps. It leaves you duplicated channels, though. Just play your DVD9 disc normally from now on. No swap, no update, no nothing.

OPTION B (NO DUPLICATED CHANNELS, NO SWAP)
-Burn your DVD9 to a dual layer DVD+ DL (or DVD-R DL) disc or, alternatively, if you also have the DVD5 version, you can instead burn that to a single layer disc. This disc will only be used once, so if you don't want to waste a Dual Layer disc and already have downloaded the DVD5 version, you can use that. Either one. Doesn't matter.
-You may need to run regionfrii on your ISO before you burn it unless your chip has automatic mutiregion enabled. In this case, running regionfrii is optional.
-Now put the disc in and it will prompt you to run the update. Let it run only till about 15% is done and unplug your wii.
-You are done with this disc. You no longer need to run it again.
-Now burn another disc with the DVD9 release but brick-block it first by using wii-update-remover 1.0 (since brick-blocker doesn't work on the DVD9 ISO). Again, you may need to also run regionfrii if you don't have automatic multiregion support enabled from your chip.
-That's it. Just play this disc normally from now on. No swaping, no update, no duplicated channels, no nothing. Just play.

You can find wii-update-remover here Wii update remover 1.0.exe

It's a command line (DOS-type) application, so it doesn't have a graphical user interface. Just drag-and-drop your dvd9.iso file on it and it will be "brick-blocked". Please note that it will patch the original ISO file and there is no "undo option" so if you want to preserve your "non-brick-blocked" original ISO copy don't run it through the wii-update-remover. Use a copy of you iso file instead. Also, make sure you only run you iso once through the wii-update-remover, as the ISO may not work if you run it twice through the wii-update-remover.

Get Brawl to definately work on CycloWiz

QUOTE said:
Here is what I used:
IMGBurn 4x
NEC ND-6650a DVD drive
Verbatim DVD+R DL
Cyclowiz 3.6b

At first the Wii did not recognize the DVD, this was when I inserted the DVD while the Wii was ON. At first I thought I might have burned the DVD wrong, but then I turned the Wii OFF and inserted the DVD in while the Wii was OFF. As always when you insert a DVD while the Wii is off, it turns on. This time I heard the DVD Drive actually trying to read it, and the Brawl logo showed up on the Disc Channel. Success! What I did to make sure my copy was working:
-All movies in the movies folder ran with no problem at all.
-I ran through classic mode with several characters and I have not had anything crash yet.
-I have yet to try SSE because I would like to start it with my brother, which he is not home. I will report back once he does get home.
-I have yet to crash with anything on this version.
Oh and BTW, now the Wii also reads the DVD while on in the normal menu, which I thought was odd. Maybe it only does that the first time?
Hope this helps anyone!

QUOTE(enriqueiglesias @ Feb 6 2008, 04:35 PM)Also, the first page needs to be updated. There is a new version of brick-blocker that works now with the DVD9 iso, and it's the preferred method to use, rather than wii-update-remover 1.0.

Please, note that, as "weird" as it may sound, 99% of all the problems some people are having with this game is that their burners/media combination don't produce DL disc that the wii likes.

It is VERY encouraged that you try at least two different brands of quality media on your burner. If it fails, try REALLY HARD to find another burner (from a friend or something) where you can make a copy of your DL disc, also in at least two different brands of media. I won't even go into trying different speeds, as only 2,4X (for old media/and-or/old burners) and 4X (for new media on new burners) are recommended. Given a choice between DVD-R DL and DVD+R DL, choose the later. They both work for some people, but most people with problems still not solved have only tried -R media.

After you tried all this, you may start to suspect something else wrong.

Pleae note that even the dumper of this game got it to play fine on you d2ckey, as has many other people.

Please note that, due to firmware design, all wiikey 1.9g wii's are running at 3X reading speed regardless of the configuration settings. At low reading speeds, the wii may have a bit easier time reading "bad" dvd9 burns. D2Ckey and other chips don't have this "limitation" and run at 6X reading speed. Better quality burns are necessary for those wii.

Please not that not all wii's are able to read discs as well. A marginal DL burn may work on one wii and may not work on others. Here are two articles describing how SOME wiis may have problems reading dual layer discs (while other don't).

IGN: Nintendo to Clean Japanese Wiis Over Smash Bros. Errors

Nintendo blames this on "dirty lenses", but the truth is that the laser in some wii's is tuned a bit too low for reliable dual layer operation. Here is a link to an article about it from MONTHS AGO (this is not a "new" problem, it's just the first time a wii game's been released)

http://www.cyclopswiz.com/ (scroll down just a bit, to where it says "upgrade 3.5")

This is even worse on RECORDEABLE DL media, as it has MUCH lower reflectivity than pressed ORIGINAL media. To try to avoid problems also, Nintendo used for this game a top quality GOLD layer press disc, that has even higher reflectivity than the silver discs. The highest in the industry.

So please, again, before you bang your head agains a wall, try to get hold of a different burner and try once more with good media. There is no one recommendation of what "good media is". The only one recognized as truly good is a Verbatim DVD+R DL that has written in the label 2.4x-6x and that says made in singapore. Please note that if it says made in india is just as crappy as any other, so avoid. The Verbatim labeled 8X is a DIFFERENT media, but also known to be good in new burners, but not as good as the other. Again, given the choice, use +R instead of -R. Try brands like Sony, TDK, Kodak, Fuji, etc.

Also, as a general rule, burner older than about 2 years do a crappy job on dual layers, as do laptop burners older than about 1 year. There are exceptions, of course, specially on some Pioneers that did very good on DL. If you'd like to get a new burner, there are plenty for around $40 and virtually all modern ones do a decent job on DL recording. Some models by Pioneer (but not other models) and some Samsungs (but not all) have very favourable reviews.

Thanks enriqueiglesias and TehLink
smile.gif

hoihoi789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you already have the double channels, is it possible to update again and use option b to remove the double channels.

tic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you already have the doulbe channels, update again and use option b to remove the double channels.

whoa whoa whoa......youre saying that it will actually remove the duplicate channels if you have them?
Ive been worried about getting duplicate channels but it would be nice to have piece of mind that they can now be removed

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I tried DVD5 today and updated with duplicate channels but it gives me Error #001 unauthorized device.

Will running DVD9 work?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I hate Megaupload, i just can't download anything from it, so I went for some searching and found this:

2003457614233456516_rs.jpg

Yep, a Brickbloker version whose seems to work with DL. Am I right?

Will it be fine if I use this one instead of the original post?

EDIT, ANSWER IS HERE: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=74338&st=30

Thank u guys! I cant wait to play the Subspace Emissary Mode
wub.gif

LinkinParkmetre

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Little question

I had DVD 5 SSBB, and i updated my wii with this, then i had duplicate channels, and ssbb works fine
Now i download ssbb DVD 9, will i have an update?

tatanga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
The information is all out there. Is it that hard to read existing threads, people?

You can NOT undo the duplicate channels. Maybe someday someone will come up with a solution, but as it is you are stuck with those. Just move them (hold A+B) to another page.

If you haven't updated yet, use the 15% trick. It's very easy to do and you won't end up with duplicate channels.

Before updating anything from any game from another region, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WII FIRMWARE FOR YOUR REGION. If you do, you'll be fine. If you don't, your Wii will be 'semi-bricked' (corrupted settings) or totally bricked (more severe corruption).

'Semi-bricked' Wiis have been fixed in the past with the release of a major Firmware update on disc. Again, you won't get rid of the duplicate channels, but your Wii will be fully usable again.

LinkinParkmetre

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I post it again, sorry, but no one answered to me

QUOTE said:
Little question

I had DVD 5 SSBB, and i updated my wii with this, then i had duplicate channels, and ssbb works fine

Daimakaimura

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I post it again, sorry, but no one answered to me

QUOTE said:
Little question

No it will not

It seems to me Most of the people can't use Common sence anymore
why is that
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1