Get banned from Online Services for using Flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Jaden., Mar 31, 2011.

1. Jaden.
    OP

Member Jaden. GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Well, i just got my Acekard. But, yea. I've disabled Wi-Fi (Will not help, though since when i turn it back on they'll see the DOKI Game thing). But if i get banned, would be there anyway to avoid the ban? [​IMG]((

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I have the best solution. Don't use the flashcart on the 3DS. [​IMG]

I'm playing it safe.

Anyway, I don't think they can tell. I would think they would just see "Fish Tycoon" (If you have a DStwo) like 500 times in your Activity Log. I'm really not sure though, I'm just assuming that.

3. masterjoel201

Member masterjoel201 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You won't get banned. Even if they can tell that you're using the flash card, they can't know if you are pirating games anyway. Plus, it's against the law in the US/UK to ban systems like they are proposing, so you're totally safe. It's a scare tactic.

4. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    From what I read before, they can ban you from services but it doesn't mean that they will....
    With the current firmwares out there for the 3DS there have been no reports of banning so you're fine [​IMG]

5. masterjoel201

Member masterjoel201 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nope. There are strict laws against it. Playstation tried to brick PS3's that were clearly pirating games and the pirates got off scott-free while Sony got a big helping of lawsuits.

6. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    You do realize there's a difference between banning from a service and bricking a console?

From what I see they have any right to BAN you from their online services if they see fit. On the other hand, I don't think a BRICK would come out of this with since it would just set up more legal issues.

Xbox LIVE (an online service) bans consoles frequently, so I don't see a problem if Nintendo were to do the same.

7. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Uh, Microsoft has yearly ban waves for cheaters and chippers on the 360, and there have been no legal reprecussions.

8. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    Because Microsoft bans them off XBox Live, SONY tried to destroy the console. Microsoft is doing it right, but SONY's the douche here.

9. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Yeah...so all those XBL/Wii-Bans were illegal? I guess not...it's legal to ban you from their Online-Services, if they're going to do this, that is another question which can't be answered yet (I guess they'll probably do this later).

@Topic: Deal with the risks, or don't pirate/use a flashcard at all. Simply as that.

Edit: Ninja'd.

10. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Not really my point, but I disagree about Sony being a 'douche.'

Sony is taking completely legitimate measures to try and prevent criminals from abusing their console.

As the maintainer of the platform, and on behalf of the developers, shareholders, and employees, its their duty to try and protect that platform.

11. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Okay there is some confusion... The OP isn't asking about the BRICK rumors that were going about (which are 100% false and completely illegal) the OP is asking about being banned from online service.

Yes, Nintendo can, has, and will continue to ban users who cheat or use backups on their services if they can catch you.

The problem right now is we don't know what Nintendo knows when we put in a flashcart. We do know they see the header the flashcarts display and record them... but we don't know if anything else can be seen and recorded. We don't know and we won't know till the system is hacked and we can see what the firmware does and what's logged... or until/if nintendo starts banning systems.

12. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It's all totally irrelevant though.... The OP asked if he or she will get banned from online services on their 3DS.

You can get banned but at the moment there are no reports of it and you WILL NOT be banned with the current firmwares. [​IMG]

I suggest you try to stay up to date when new firmwares that come out, so you know whether or not a ban of such may happen.

13. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It doesn't matter if you stock or updated firmware in the 3DS, if Nintendo are logging devices used on the 3DS and implement Bans in the future, if your on STOCK firmware any Online features will not work and will require a FORCED update, then BANNED! just like M$ with LIVE!

14. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    You bought the hardware.

You're renting the software [​IMG] (technically a lease)

15. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    READ ALL THE POST!

ERM... I didnt RENT my PS3 from Sony I bought it.....So it isnt THEIR console it is MINE!

If I want to hack it chip it microwave it turn it in to a George Forman Grill I can, as long as I do not break my terms of use with Sonys PSN agreement etc.

If I buy it and NEVER go online Sony cant see or know what I have done with it!!!

16. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Man, it's a good thing you're not a lawyer...

17. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I'm not sure why you quoted my post then, since in that context there's not really any connection.

18. Jaden.
    OP

Member Jaden. GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Eh, famous topic. [​IMG]

Well. But what services get blocked? Everything? Including FC in games and that?

19. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    It hasn't happened to anyone at the moment so there's no telling.

Nobody even knows if it will happen. Nintendo has the capability of doing it but so far there's no reports of such so you should be fine.

20. Knyaz Vladimir

Member Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Canada
    No... you RENTED SONY's CONSOLE. You have an agreement that you oblige to that's activated as soon as you buy the console, which SONY is using to get at geohot. And, every PS3 user has to agree to it. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

It is their console, by law. If they want to get every console back, you have to oblige by law.