Gaming Get banned for using Freeshop Games Online?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You "can" just like you can be banned for being a Lakers supporter (as Nintendo Network is a private service who can reject anyone for any non-discriminatory reason)

Nobody has (at least with games officially released at the time they were being played online) since actually comparing the running title with your licenses would mean actual work which Nintendo isn't well known for

Reactions: Diamond Gaming

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now the only way I think you can get banned seems to be:
1. Playing a game before its release online (not possible with freeshop games, only popular franchises from nintendo are checked for this most of the time)
2. Using homebrew software while having spotpass or show current game to friends enabled (Not available in freeshop)
3. Using cheats in online games / cheating pokémons but I think it is only a ban for a few weeks (no console ban, could be applied to freeshop games, be careful)

They check for not legally purchased DLC, but only disable it if it is detected as far as I know.
Games that weren't bought weren't the cause of bans as far as I know (Besides case 1 of course).

Last edited by Wuigi,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Games that weren't bought weren't the cause of bans as far as I know (Besides case 1 of course).
In the case of S/M, even physical version users who went online were hit (further suggesting Nintendo won't care about the source - they can tell apart physical and installed copies while connected to multiplayer servers)

Any discussion of bans is inherently speculative, since only maybe 5-10 office workers, probably based in Japan, arbitrarily hand out these bans as they do

Reactions: Majickhat55

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Ryccardo Yes but I still only talked about the bans you can get from freeshop and the seed to decrypt the executable one downloaded via freeshop is distributed only on the exact launch day, so it is not possible to get banned with a freeshop game (prior to launch).
As soon as nintendo starts to look into the validity of any license every time anyone uses the nintendo network, a lot of devices will be banned, but until now they haven't done this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte