German help needed - ProSieben question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Miss Panda, Apr 29, 2011.

Apr 29, 2011
  1. Miss Panda
    OP

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok so I have a satellite set up for Astra 19.2E. I've had it for years but I haven't watched tv in ages and when I went to look today Prosieben has disappeared.
    Is it down, encrypted or moved?
    I can get ProSieben Österreich and Schweiz but no Deutschland. So if you can get it or know where it has gone please write me a little reply.

Thanks [​IMG]

Edited: To say I have checked my settings rescanned etc. I've even done a factory reset and rescanned everything from scratch.

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Why do you want to recieve a german broadcast station?

3. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    Watch Bernd das Brot or Schillerstraße and you will understand [​IMG]

Oh any non Germans who understand what I'm on about and have an Astra 19.2 E Satellite setup feel free to answer.

4. darkangel5000

Member darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    (Uh, I think if you watch German TV, you understand this too? xD)

The Problem with my DVB-S receiver (SMART MX04/Imperial DB01) was, that I had to input the new frequency manually, otherwise it could scan all frequencies all it wanted, but couldn't find the "new" Prosieben.
    So, I dunno if it's the same with yours, but it could be a possibility. :/

5. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for trying to help.
    I have it set on that already and I've looked manually using those settings, repeatedly for the past two hours. Maybe it is a problem with the dish not picking them up because Kabel Eins has gone as well. I've got Sat 1 though weirdly but Kabel 1 and ProSieben will not appear accept for Österreich and Schweiz.

Could you check if you have picture and audio for them right at the moment in case they are down? Please if you don't mind. [​IMG]

P.S. I have a couple of Technomates 5200's and an old German Porty 11 (from Aldi or Lidl - don't laugh) and yeah I understand kein Problem. [​IMG]

EDIT : Promise not to yell at me for wasting your time. I just hit the dish with a hammer and Achtung Kontrolle! has appeared. I don't get because all other channels were fine. That transponder must be harder to pick up

6. darkangel5000

Germany
    Another thing you could try is to buy a sat-finder for about 10€, which can measure the signal strength. We've got one here and with it, it's MUCH EASIER (like: Enormous.) to find the correct spot for a satellite :/

/edit: didn't see your edit. [​IMG]

7. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    That is an interesting point I will have to get someone to check the cables if it happens again. Sorry for wasting your time, I assumed (wrongly) that because all the other channels were there they must have moved it. [​IMG]
    I'm watching Die Comedy-Falle and I think I want to punch Verona Pooth (or as she is known in my house 'that bloody poo woman is on again quick who has the remote') in the face.

I appreciate your help because it meant I could narrow it down to being a dish issue not a tuning issue. [​IMG]

8. darkangel5000

Germany
    Nah, you didn't waste my time. I mean, if you'd wasted my time, I'd be more aggressive, nay?
    But whatever, good to hear, that someone else actually dislikes this piece of shit, that's called Verona Pooth. I mean, come on. She's like all "Herp di derp, I'm famous. Celebrity yeah hurr durr", yet she isn't one for a bit, same goes with other german actors or people like verona... *sigh*

9. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    that should have been the first thing you tried, physical violence is always the best choice [​IMG]

10. Miss Panda
    OP

United Kingdom
    I did wiggle it a bit first off. But I was scared I'd lose all the channels. So I only resorted to violence once I knew it wasn't a tuning issue.