Hacking Geo Wars on DSTT problem

bxjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this homebrew game on their card because I can't get it to work. I have the latest kernel 1.07 so I don't think that's the issue. I placed the game on the root of my sd card and whenever i try to run it i get 2 white screens and thats it. i have tried with DMA on and off and same thing?! any ideas, please help.

yourtvlies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - this is my first post here and I'm hoping someone's got the the bottom of this.

Like bxjoe, I'm running into the two white screens issue when I try to load various homebrew... All my retail backup ROMs work fine, but one of the major reasons I bought the TTDS was to play with homebrew. So far I've tried formatting (several times, both fat16 and 32), upgrade/downgrading the TTDS menu files, downloading homebrew .nds files from different locations, etc.

I'm a complete noob, but my best guess is that there's a problem with the DLDI autopatching - has anyone got to the bottom of this issue?

Thanks

yourtvlies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrbob2 said:
If you go to the official ttds site you will find the latest version is 1.10!

Unfortunately, 1.10 doesn't fix the problem, however, I did post on the NeoFlash forums in hopes to get some attention to the issue.

I know you get what you pay for in terms of quality of a product, but I've still got my finger crossed.
For the time being I am digging the homebrew that does work on the card.

yourtvlies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What works:
nesDS
Treasures of Gaia
Wordup
PuzzleManiak
MoonShell
DSO

What I haven't been able to work:
GeoWars (dual white screen freeze)
Meteora (dual white screen freeze)
ConstellationsDS (freezes while loading)
NewZeldaDS (dual black screen freeze)

Other examples would fit into either category, but those are the ones I've tried.

bxjoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW over 3 months and someone finally responded to this topic, thanks for the resurrection
yaynds.gif
. I had forgotten about this and just tried other homebrew. At least I know I wasn't the only one. Thanks for the list of confirmed non working homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +2