Genuine check

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ignus, Mar 18, 2009.

Mar 18, 2009

Genuine check by Ignus at 8:19 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Ignus
    OP

Newcomer Ignus Newbie

Poland
    Yeah, as a hardcore castlevania gamer I decided to buy Order of Ecclesia, I've paid for it heavy cash (+ shipment to Poland) because I couldn't buy it here. So the delivery is at last home, but hey, something is fishy here. I mean, aside from a flash cart, I have only two other NDS games, and obviously they are previous castlevania titles. Maybe it's my imagination but the colours are not so, dunno the word "not colorful enough", something like that. Front and back cover are exactly the same as in internet scans, the cart itself got a number on back and it seems okay, there's a manual, not fishy at all and a health booklet. Wait, a health booklet? Is this normal? Does US NDS games (i forgot to mention - it's NTSC-U) have those kind of things? Below are the pictures of my purchase:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Does anyone have the US release and be so kind to compare it? It's pretty important because if it's a pirated game, I'm going to buy a new one [​IMG]

2. xiuide

Newcomer xiuide Member

United States
    US games do in fact come with a health and safety booklet, however, I have never seen a NDS case like that before. is that a special edition/ collectors edition? all NDS cases that I have seen are black, not clear. it would make sence for the cover to look like the scans on the net, considering that the box is where they get the scans from [​IMG] unfortunately i dont own the game, so i cant really tell you more than that, hopefully someone else can help you out!

3. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    In Australia, shops sell games in Clear thick Cases now.. [​IMG]

It looks perfectly fine to me.. Nothing fishy to me..

4. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Here in europe all DS games are always in clear cases like that

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Ignus
    OP

Newcomer Ignus Newbie

Poland
    Yeah, I was wandering abou the clear case too - I saw a review on youtube where a guy had black case. Anyone else to cheer my up? [​IMG] I promise, I will never buy anything from ebay next time, play asia only [​IMG]

@re up
    Yeah, I'm from Europe too, previous castlevania games I have are EUR, but this one is US.

Man, I say, if this is a pirated cart, then it's so good made :/

6. xiuide

Newcomer xiuide Member

United States
    hmm Im in the US and work at a retail store, and have NEVER seen a clear DS case. which of course, raises the question, why does the game come in a clear case, like the euro games, yet have US esrb ratings.

7. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Yeah, i got also a few US games and Japanese, and the all come in black cases [​IMG]
    (I do prefer the clear cases [​IMG] )

8. pikachuchuz

Banned pikachuchuz Banned

United States
    It's probably legit if it has a health booklet [​IMG] Enjoy the game, I loved it [​IMG]
    EDIT: Did you say CLEAR CASE? Then it may be fake...I got pirated Wii games from Iran and they had clear cases...bad bad bad...

9. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    could also be reboxed, or used.

a lot of people here immediately scream fake whenever they see a clear case, but that's not true.

i bet if you'd show a black DS case on a european forum everyone would scream fake.

10. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    USA game coming in a European-style clear box is strange. Apart from that it looks fine, though it could be a very well-made fake.

11. agony

Member agony GBAtemp Regular

Singapore
    High quality fake? Possible But it is also possible that it is a rebox as someone said.

12. MyauChanDesu

Member MyauChanDesu Kamineko is GOD.

Australia
    Here in Australia, they both have the black and clear cases *My pokemon ranger is black and my luminous arc is clear, both bought here in australia*

and yeah, there are health booklet too.

it's all genuine.

13. kangrus

Newcomer kangrus Member

Australia
    ive seen a heap of clear cases, and i have a few aswell, nothing fake about them, but i guess its normal in Australia