waldfee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I am thinking about buying a Wii, but I am new to this whole hacking procedures. My question is whether a "drivekey wii modchip" is the best solution if you want to load backup games and make the drive region-free. ishopvideogame has a special offer
http://www.ishopvideogame.com/wii-drive-ke...hip-p-1750.html

is this a good deal and is this device able to hack all models including the newest ones? Thanks in advance.

DownSince86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had a drivechip in my Wii simply because I've never felt like I needed one. I can load imported (retail) games in mine with no issues using GeckoOS. For back-ups I use usb loaders because they are faster than the DVD drive anyway and if I did run backups through the DVD drive on my softmodded Wii they would only run at 3x. Plus using the usb loader saves wear and tear on my DVD drive.

I'd recommend a softmod to anyone over a drivechip at this point unless they were interested in running backups burned to DVD at full speed.

My advice to you is to go a head and softmod yours and give usb loading a try. You can also test it out with a thumb drive before spending the money on a HDD (unless you already have one lying around). If after softmodding you still feel like you need a drivechip then by all means go a head and install one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google