Hacking General Hacking Info

Anus Leech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I have been trying to follow what is going on in the Vita hacking scene but its pretty hard to keep track and understand whats going on. Would it be possible for someone to explain what the recent CFW hacks are, and if there is any Vita specific homebrew or anything that isnt using the psp emulator thing :S. I have tried looking but keep getting caught up in all the technical stuff and get confused.
So just a basic update on the general hacking info and how far it has gone would be great.

Sorry if this is stupid but i had to ask. I'm sure there are others like me! :)

Thanks. xx

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the vita's PSP mode has been hacked
so you can run eCFW (emulated PSP CFW)
so homebrew and PSP ISO

it like kinda like on
3ds, where you have DS mode flash cards

the Vita mode is still NOT HACKED

Anus Leech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, does this hack use the modded game save thing where I have to purchase a game before PS remove it from the store?
And also i did see a video a while back of someone running some sort of test showing off the vita hardware, whats happening with that?

Thanks.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
And also i did see a video a while back of someone running some sort of test showing off the vita hardware, whats happening with that?
Someone did find a usermode exploit in Vita mode that they are working on. However it is very early in development and it will take quite a while to fully develop because of the fact that this is starting from the ground up. We don't know much about the Vita OS and need development toolchains (libraries, compilers, etc). It's basically many months away, if it ever comes to fruition at all.

Reactions: 1 person

SirGray

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I just picked up a vita not long ago and was also wondering about this, Thanks for the thread. So as I currently don't have any psn games, aside from the ps1 classics ff6 ff7 and ff8, that I can't hack it to play psp games or emulators?

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Too bad I missed this news. I stopped following the hacking scene last september and just bought games.
Now i checked it, bam, it's long gone.
We'll have to wait for the next mini exploit and hope nobody leaks it again.

I wonder, if Sony releases firmware updates, will VHBL/CEF be lost?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm sorry this is an old thread, but I have a question. I'm getting a Vita soon, but I REALLY want to play my PSX games on my Vita using PSP eCFW, that's all I want, but I don't want to hack my Vita and since I'm a Plus subscriber already. What can I do? I'm pretty sure it'll come with 2.01, since it's the Black Ops bundle.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I'm sorry this is an old thread, but I have a question. I'm getting a Vita soon, but I REALLY want to play my PSX games on my Vita using PSP eCFW, that's all I want, but I don't want to hack my Vita and since I'm a Plus subscriber already. What can I do? I'm pretty sure it'll come with 2.01, since it's the Black Ops bundle.
Sit tight, and if you really want to play them buy them as PSOne Classics. We don't have a kernel mode hack for the Vita's PSP emulator yet, and even if we did audio support isn't there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: