Gecko Doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by AgentSkyblueM7, Mar 24, 2013.

Mar 24, 2013

Gecko Doesn't work by AgentSkyblueM7 at 8:23 AM (1,243 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

Newcomer AgentSkyblueM7 Member

United States
    I've been trying to get the "Load Channel" option to show up on Gecko. I kept reading that I needed to install a special version of IOS36 for it to work, but now when I try to open Gecko, it just goes to a black screen. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

2. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    Okay, I found out about not installing regular Wii IOSes, but how am I supposed to get Gecko to have the Load Channel option? Is there any way to restore the vWii IOSes to normal? The last time I tried that, I had to send in my console for repairs. I really need some help here.

3. julialy

Member julialy Homebrewer

United States
    You can't

4. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    Okay, let me start over. I need to find a way to get Gecko to work have the Load Channel option. So far I tried downloading some kind of special version of IOS36, but it just freezes to a blank screen. Anybody got any ideas?

5. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    Okay, let me start over. I want Gecko to have the Load Channel option appear, but I can't find a way how. I've managed to get it run at a certain version of IOS36 and it still won't appear. Can someone help?

6. conanac

Member conanac Be an Angel

United States
    You could try WiiLauncher and see whether it works for you. It does not need patched IOS to load channel or run rebooter.
    Hope it works for you.

7. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    WiiLauncher's been working great so far, but when I try to use cheats on VC games downloaded from WADs, it just goes back to the wii menu and the cheats don't work. what do I do here?

8. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    Still need help with cheats on VC games downloaded from WADs. I tried patching IOS36 and now it's stuck on that version. How do I fix these problems?

9. AgentSkyblueM7
    OP

United States
    Okay, I got my IOS36 back to normal. For the games downloaded from WADs, I managed to run cheats using Wiiflow. I just wish there was another way I could load cheats on them.