Hacking Gecko 1.9.3.1 No DVD Found Error - cant continue

Bartjunited

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just installed Gecko to try and run some cheat codes but when I go to launch game I get the error NO DVD FOUND

the games are on the SD Card and usually launched via Wii Flow

any ideas?

TIA Bart

Bartjunited

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know wiiflow had that?
How do you use it? And do you still need CGT files?

The original gecko codes site is shut down so not sure where to look?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiFlow can handle making GCT files. It may depend on version (I'm probably using an older version) but I have cheat codes listed on the second page of an individual game's settings.
Again, may this may depend on version, but TXT cheat codes are stored in /WiiFlow/codes

You can read about the geckocodes.org shutdown here, and you should still be able to get codes from its mirrors. I think the easiest way to do it is to find a game, click the "↓txt" button, and right-click and save the page (not sure if this works at the moment) or copy and paste its contents into a text file.
The file name should be the same as the game ID, as shown in the URL
Screenshot_20201012-100913.png

So this would be named RMGE01.txt
Once saved, place it in /WiiFlow/codes and it should be recognized when viewing the cheat codes menu.

If you are using WiiFlow Lite, you won't have to deal with this anymore once the next release happens as it will use the RC24 mirror for downloading cheats. Then, you should be able to download them easily from the cheat menu if you don't already have them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in