GCN XENO modchip doesn't turn green light.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
[SOLVED]

So, I have a Nintendo Gamecube with a XENO modchip installed. A few years ago, the chip worked perfectly fine, but now I've decided to turn on the GameCube and the green light never turns on, only the red light stays on. When I launch an official Nintendo game, it works normally, but after some time, like 15 minutes, an error appears. Can anyone help me?

Duarte Mendes.

Last edited by DuduMil,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a Nintendo Gamecube with a XENO modchip installed. A few years ago, the chip worked perfectly fine, but now I've decided to turn on the GameCube and the green light never turns on, only the red light stays on. When I launch an official Nintendo game, it works normally, but after some time, like 15 minutes, an error appears. Can anyone help me?

Duarte Mendes.
Reflow your solder joints?

Reactions: Kopimist

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, sorry I'm late, but look, I soldered the cables again, and guess what, it worked. Thank you for your help. By the way, my Gamecube can read bigger DVD's, do you think it's considered a rare item?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry I'm late, but look, I soldered the cables again, and guess what, it worked. Thank you for your help. By the way, my Gamecube can read bigger DVD's, do you think it's considered a rare item?
Nope as burning disc's is not used really anymore as there is better non hardmod methods now

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. If you have the full size case made by Qoob and Viper, I'd say it's rare since not many were made / sold.

If it's just the top case removed, then definitely not rare.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Depends. If you have the full size case made by Qoob and Viper, I'd say it's rare since not many were made / sold.

If it's just the top case removed, then definitely not rare.
Yes, I have the full sized case, made by Viper, installed on my gcn. I also have the Viper GC faceplate.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Duarte Mendes.

Buy a GC Loader and an SD2SP2. Seriously.

You will no longer have any need for a modchip. Or memory cards. Or even the discs. And you'll have in-game reset / return to game menu on Gamecube. (On Gameboy player, you can reset a game if the original GBA allows the hotkey for it, but AFAIK you have to physically reboot the Gamecube to get back to Swiss.)

I had a XenoGC installed for years. Well, still do, but it's on the optical drive in a box now.

I bought the GC Loader, SD2SP2, and a Retro-Bit Prism for my GC, and now I am playing on it constantly. You can PM me if you want more info.

DuduMil

Der Hallomann
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Buy a GC Loader and an SD2SP2. Seriously.

You will no longer have any need for a modchip. Or memory cards. Or even the discs. And you'll have in-game reset / return to game menu on Gamecube. (On Gameboy player, you can reset a game if the original GBA allows the hotkey for it, but AFAIK you have to physically reboot the Gamecube to get back to Swiss.)

I had a XenoGC installed for years. Well, still do, but it's on the optical drive in a box now.

I bought the GC Loader, SD2SP2, and a Retro-Bit Prism for my GC, and now I am playing on it constantly. You can PM me if you want more info.
Nah, my GCN is now working, I don't need a loader, but anyway thanks for the tip, although I most likely won't use

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu