adriande2

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I can't use the disc channel (or Gecko OS) to play my original Gamecube games. I have soft-modded my Wii.
Here are my Wii mods (or what I used to mod my Wii):
Preloader
Starfall
cIOS CORPS (before cIOS installer)
cIOS installer
mIOS installer (v8)
IOS downgrader

I just want to get my GC games to work through the disk channel, instead of going to the GC backup loader every time.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
when installing the latest cMIOS, try v5. also try installing it so you can run them through the wii backup launcher as well (i think its x on the gc controller). i found that games seem to run better when used through that way instead of the gc backup launcher, for me anyways.

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats the cmios i would need?Im using waninkokos cmios rev 3 but its really low on compatibility.Are there any newer ones?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have cioscorp installed and enabled gcn backup loading via the gamma launcher, it causes the disc channel to load the backup launcher screen with a disc read error before launching your legitimate game. At least that happens to me with WiiGator's patched MIOS from the latest gcn launcher release (0.2).

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
If you have cioscorp installed and enabled gcn backup loading via the gamma launcher, it causes the disc channel to load the backup launcher screen with a disc read error before launching your legitimate game. At least that happens to me with WiiGator's patched MIOS from the latest gcn launcher release (0.2).

yeah, that is normal. won't affect the game however. It will launch and play just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.