GC backups will not load! Tried everything

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by colvonquack, Jul 30, 2014.

1. colvonquack
    OP

colvonquack Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Canada
    Hey guys I'm fairly experienced with Wii modding and I've run into an issue which totally confounds me. I pride myself on rarely ever having to ask a tech question but I'm at the end of my rope.

I bought a brand new 1TB WD Passport and loaded up my backups into a single partition which is both ACTIVE and PRIMARY (set with Easeus) and formatted to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size. Wii backups went into a folder named "WBFS" and GC backups went into "GAMES". I have DIOSMIOS 2.10 installed and am using Configurable USB Loader, my favourite of the bunch.

Everything worked, both GC and Wii. Great. After that I didn't touch either the Wii or the drive for a month and when I went to play again GC backups just won't load. I can see all of them, but they just freeze on a black screen, I never see the DIOS logo or anything. Wii backups still work. Other drives configured by me still work (so it's not the console). I get the same problem with every loader i've tried (so it's not CFG). It's the goddamned hard drive and I have no idea what has happened but I tried reformatting it from scratch just a minute ago and still nothing.

Any ideas?

2. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    You can try load from sd. If not load then maybe a ios file was corrupted. If yes then you should try another external hd or try reinstall dios mios.

3. colvonquack
    OP

colvonquack Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah I did reinstall DM, didn't change anything. Like i said other hard drives work, just not this one and as far as I can tell it's configured correctly.

4. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Well, try make a deal with another friend for a compatible 1tb hd.

5. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Try 2.11 DM and the updated BC