Gc backup launcher - error with some games!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by killerloader, May 12, 2012.

May 12, 2012
  1. killerloader
    OP

Newcomer killerloader Member

Australia
    When i try to play "Sonic adventures battle 2" it works perfectly, same as "Luigis mansion"
    I recently got a new wii, and the games that dont work now, used to work, so its not a dvd error.

Anyways, these are the games i tested that didn't work for me:
    "Starfox adventures: Dinosour planet"
    "Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles"

I am testing these games in GC backup launcher v0.2 (Wiigator), the error i get reads as the following:
    "An error has occurred.
    Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo Gamecube Instruction Booklet for further instructions."

I get this error with both the games, final fantasy is a game inside a multi-iso disc, and some of the other ISO's on that disc do work, so the Mult-iso is not broken, plus this game used to work before i had to re-softmod my wii.

I installed CMIOS v8, then the gc launcher didin't work, so then i installed "Wiigators custom CMIOS installer" (Well it was something like that, i don't remember the title, it might not have been made by WIIGATOR but thats what i can remember.
    THe picture for the CMIOS installer was black, with light-grey text.)

I also have IOS 249(with 56) and IOS 250(with 57) I think it was (D2x v6)

Anyways, these gamecube games should work, but they are popping up with this error!

Maybe i need Cmios v10?? or v5, anyways, i don't really have a clue, please help me :)

[EDIT]

Just found out i have CMIOS v10, because thats the only one Wiigator's CMIOS installer can install :P

[SOLVED]

I might have accedentally installed CMIOS v8 as a wad file, after Installing CMIOS v10 through wiigators thing, so i uninstalled CMIOS v8, and reinstalled CMIOS v10 :) works now :D

2. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Try Dios Mios Lite 1.3, it's a lot better, more stable and more up to date. It's pretty easy to set up, and there are a lot of guides here at GBA temp.

3. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

You mean 1.4b as that has better support for disc loading (including backup discs) from the disc channel.

4. the_randomizer

United States
    I thought the whole point of DML is so you DON'T have to use physical discs or backups (which I hear add extra wear on the laser). I can see keeping a disc in there for the whole disc check thing (so games can actually launch), but I avoid backups because using it from a high capacity SDHC card is so much more convenient.

5. nl255

True, but that is no reason to use an obsolete version of DML. Not to mention that you probably still want to use a disc for most streaming audio games (Eternal Darkness without the music just isn't the same).

6. the_randomizer

United States
    1.4b is still in beta. I thought there were numerous complaints about features breaking in 1.3+. Until it's finalized and/or I know what's been fixed/improved, I'm not upgrading.

7. nl255

Actually, 1.4b is a bugfix version for 1.4. To be specific, 1.4/1.4b fixed the whole Zelda:CE issue. Remember that all of 1.x is still in beta, r59 is the last "stable" version. That being said, I have never had any problems with it aside from the usual NMM and force 480p issues with some games.

8. ECSS

Newcomer ECSS Advanced Member

Swiss-GC SVN r155

you can try it too

r143
    - USB Gecko device skeleton code

r149
    - Add USB Gecko to info
    - GameCube not Gamecube

r151
    - Fix endless playback from MP3 over USBGecko

r154
    - Remove GCARS Cheat engine in preparation for Ocarina
    - Init USBGecko debug earlier
    - Fix super fast scrolling with analog stick

r155
    - Add widescreen forcing (thanks Extrems!)

http://code.google.com/p/swiss-gc/

r155 full pack download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4ar4lw4j4l7l6hf