XP
Country
Colombia
mascot.gif
GBATemp WIFI Weekend #2
FRI 4/15 until SUN 4/17
wifi_nite-gbatemp-wifi_2nd_and_4th_sat_each_month.jpg
3 Day WIFI Nite Event!

GBATemp users JinTrigger is planning another WIFI gaming weekend. The event will unfold over 3 days of fun, good conversation, and gaming. Times, dates, and games are listed below. Follow the links at the very bottom of this post for the start time in your neck of the world. The games listed below are the suggested games to help get the event night started, users are welcome to play any multiplayer DS(i)/3DS/Wii games or any "Retro" EMU's which support Internet play. Make some plans and bring a few friends or show up alone and look for a gaming partner. As always, the meeting place is #gbatemp-wifi on the GBATemp IRC Network. Hope to see you all there!

Event Time (GMT-6):
Friday 4/15/11 & Saturday 4/16/11 -- 6pm til Midnight
Sunday 4/17/11 -- 9pm til 3am

Suggested Games:
3DS
• Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
DS
• Advance Wars
• Metroid Prime Hunters
• Tetris DS
Wii
• Super Smash Bros Brawl
• Mario Kart
Retro
• Mega Bomberman (Genesis)
• Power Rangers-The Movie (SNES)
• Contra (NES)

With that many choices you shouldn't have a problem finding something to play! Remember that the channel is all about fun and open gaming social interaction. The channel supports co-op gaming, but WIFI Nite is for DS, 3DS, Wii, and retro emulation. Users are welcome to play any on-topic games during event night. Drop by anytime and find a friend to game with, the channel is open 24/7 for gaming.

What is allowed:
• WIFI Nite supports -- NDS/3DS/Wii/Retro gaming, ONLY!
• Retro gaming includes EMU's that support Kaillera or GGPO and games more than 12yrs old.

What is off-topic/not allowed:
• No other modern "PREVIOUS-GEN" or "NEXT-GEN" gaming will be supported during WIFI Nite (IE: X-BOX, PS2, X-BOX 360, etc).
• No other handheld WIFI gaming will be allowed (IE: PSP, etc).
• Absolutely no public chat ROM trading of any kind.

Download mIRC
• Google for a tutorial on setting up mIRC
• Type: /server irc2.GBAtemp.net:5190
• Type: /join #GBAtemp-wifi

Navigate to the GBAtemp JAVA IRC client
• Click the "Start Applet" button
• Accept all security warnings, click "NO" if prompted to block anything
• Type: /part #GBAtemp.net
• Type: /join #GBAtemp-wifi

Navigate to www.mibbit.com
• Click the "Launch Mibbit" button
• Click the "server" link and enter irc2.GBAtemp.net:5190 in the box that appears
• Enter a nickname to use on the network (this will be your handle, name, identity, etc)
• Enter #GBAtemp-wifi in the channel text box
• Hit the "GO" button.

Official Guides:
download.gif
Nestopia - GBAtemp WIFI Nite Online Co-op How-to Guide
download.gif
Gens - GBATemp WIFI Nite Online Co-op How-to Guide by SixtySixHundred

Additional Links:
icon11.gif
Official Big-N WIFI page
icon11.gif
DS Compatible WIFI Game List
icon11.gif
GBAtemp Friendcode Database
icon11.gif
Friday/Saturday Start Time For Your Timezone
icon11.gif
Sunday Start Time For Your Timezone

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Duskye said:
Can we suggest more games or is that it?

its up to the person who runs the weekend, try contacting that person. however, as i stated in two areas of the first post, any game on-topic is allowed. just post what you want to play and when people read this thread they may also join just to play with you. you can also show up on event night and ask if anyone wants to play a different game with you.

jintrigger is just following the example i started when i took over wifi nite (for its short lived revival). you try to pick a selection of games that are fun and popular. you can't pick everything because the night would be very crazy with a bunch of people playing 20+ games and talking on IRC at one time. sadly, this is the down side to this event which is why there is always the statement that you can play anything and you don't have to stick to the games suggested.

i'm going to show up and look for someone to play RC Pro AM II (NES) and NHL95 (GEN).

-another world

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Duskye said:
Can we suggest more games or is that it?

its up to the person who runs the weekend, try contacting that person. however, as i stated in two areas of the first post, any game on-topic is allowed. just post what you want to play and when people read this thread they may also join just to play with you. you can also show up on event night and ask if anyone wants to play a different game with you.

-another world
Ah, thanks. I was just wondering if those were the only games.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I might pitch in by playing some Tetris DS. I'm decent at it, but I have never tried the DS version. Time to get out the Flashcard.
tongue.gif

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ffffff. My (15 years older than me & recently preggo) sister is borrowing my AK2i until she gets her own. This sucks. :/ Ah well, guess I'll have to stick with losing some more SSFIV matches or playing Halo. Oops, didn't read the Wii/DS/Retro rule.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Opium said:
Shouldn't we include 3DS in that list? It seems a little odd that it avoid it since it has just come out.

jintrigger and i were discussing this. i left it out at first because neither of us have the wifi games and weren't sure which ones were WFC and which were local only. i do believe that SFIV and Samurai Showdown are WFC so we are adding those to the event night! =)

-another world

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Opium said:
Shouldn't we include 3DS in that list? It seems a little odd that it avoid it since it has just come out.

jintrigger and i were discussing this. i left it out at first because neither of us have the wifi games and weren't sure which ones were WFC and which were local only. i do believe that SFIV and Samurai Showdown are WFC so we are adding those to the event night! =)

-another world
Pretty sure it's only SSFIV that has wifi gaming. (Assuming you meant Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, not Samurai Showdown.)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
nooo! i really want to play but there's no uk times again!!! Please could you put some reasonable GMT+0 times on the list for those of us in the UK/Europe that want to play. I know it is open 24/7 but that makes it really hard to find someone as people are online at different times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1