Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
essentialgames.png
GBAtemp Recommends! Gekido Advance: Kintaro's Revenge
G.R. Issue #10 (GBA)

We hope you enjoyed last weeks GBAtemp Recommends! title.

Another week and another issue of GBAtemp Recommends! - a weekly magazine feature in which we share our favourite Game Boy Advance titles. The games we recommend may be top titles from the GBA library, or they may be sleeper hits that flew by the radar, but one thing's certain, they're all fantastic games that deserve your play time!

GBAtemp Recommends!

Gekido Advance : Kintaro's Revenge
gt0696.png
gt0696.png

Gekido Advance: Kintaro's Revenge is the sequel to the PSX title Gekido. The gameplay is very intuitive, though a lot of people won't like not being able to block. The action is very well paced letting you have a breather after having some fast and frenzied fights.

This title is also an absolute graphical treat for GBA gamers. Excellent sprites (clearly inspired by SNK's fighters), great animation and beautiful backgrounds, this is a game that has had a lot of attention pit into it and has great presentation too. The game also has many cut scenes which like the graphics are pretty much inspired by Japanese animation, even though it was developed by a Italian developer.

Soundwise its lovely, while some games of the time had some tinny sound this was one of the games that obviously has been allowed a decent amount of cart space for the sound. Though there aren't many songs on this, the ones that are on are of great quality and really suit the games levels.

This may not convert those who don't like the genre but for those who have enjoyed the odd scrolling fighter its something I feel that you should try. Also some may know that this was published in the US by Greg Woggermans DSI Games...but don't let that put you off.

Sorry this isn't Christmassy but there isn't really any good Xmas GBA games.

Game Synopsis from IGN said:
A year has passed since the epic battle that decided the fate of mankind and claimed the life of the beloved Angela. Dark omens once again tell of the return of an evil presence. Ushi is the last remaining master of the ancient art of Shin-Ken, and he calls upon Tetsuo, his disciple and adopted son, to investigate some strange happenings in a faraway farming village outside the city.

eu.gif
#0696 - Gekido Advance - Kintaro's Revenge (E)(M5)(Squirrels)
us.gif
#1348 - Gekido Advance - Kintaro's Revenge USA 64Mbits (Independent)

Genre: Side-Scrolling Beat-Em-Up
Publisher: Zoo Digital (Europe) / DSI Games (USA)
Dump Date: 25/10/2002 (Europe) & 02/01/2004 (USA)
ROM Size: 64Mbit

gicon.jpg
View in G-Online
c171.gif
Game Profile at IGN
controller.png
Official GBAtemp Recommends! Mini-Page & History
discuss.png
Discuss

Reactions: ZipMartin

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
GBAtemp recommends has been fantastic up until this... seriously, what are you guys thinking? This game is utter fucking shit. Streets of Rage divided by a-big-dirty-dogshit. Ugh, seriously. For 9 weeks there was respect for this feature, but then it all goes out the window because of an utter fucking turgid shit-stick of a game. BLEUGH!

Intimidator88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really doubt everyone is going to like every game they put up lol I always look forward to these cause it has gave me some new games to play that i aint heard of and if i dont like the game then i will just remove it, not complain about it xD

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing this. It was pretty fun. Except the DSI logo on the box confuses me.

Everything I thought to be solid truths is are LIES!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hand picked this one myself, I know a lot of people who really like it, it may not be a perfect game but it beats Dragon Ball Z for sure. It was this or Nightmare Before Christmas.

It's a real shame that people seem to get so offended over one choice but whatever, let them be miserable. The great thing about this thread is that it only lasts a week so if you don't like one game one week chances are you'll like the one the week after...unless you are yuyuyup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily