GBAtemp Quiz #2 closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thanks to Acekard team, and GBAtemp..this was great event, even more should be organized..

I probably won't win, but I'll congratulate all the winners..God luck to everybody..

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks Acekard team!

I'll do an acceptance speech if I win, and I'll dedicate it to you!

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is awesome, good luck to all!
smile.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wolfeman said:
hmm, the correct answer to 11, based on how it was phrased should be: "all of the above" imho

but at any rate, will we be able to view our quiz scores? that would be cool. [as would winning hehe]

edit:

PickleHead said:
I chose all of the above because I knew manhunt was correct and I also saw no more heroes as having a controversy due to the censorship in non-US countries. And with all my experience with multiple choice tests, if two are correct, then all of the above must be true. Thank you for taking out that question.

YES! exactly, finally someone who sees the logic. if the answer to a multiple choice question contains "all of the above" and at least TWO other answers fill the criteria of the question then it MUST be "all of the above". if in fact the true answer was NOT all of the above then it was the right move of gbatemp to disqualify the question.

Man your logic is a bit wierd, if I had an apple a pear and a banana and ate the apple and the pear, then said which did I eat the apple the pear the banana or all of them. the answer cannont be all of them as I still have a banana uneaten only if I ate them all could the answer be all of them.

blink.gif

JBates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
Man your logic is a bit wierd, if I had an apple a pear and a banana and ate the apple and the pear, then said which did I eat the apple the pear the banana or all of them. the answer cannont be all of them as I still have a banana uneaten only if I ate them all could the answer be all of them.

blink.gif

So in that case your answer would have to be which one was MORE eaten... :wtf:

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
wilddenim said:
I picked 'All of the above'. I thought the same as Issac.

Oh well, goodbye Acekard 2.
frown.gif

The question has been discarded, meaning it doesnt matter what answer you selected for this question!

QUOTE(PickleHead @ May 29 2008, 08:05 PM) Large is a relative term :v
It was pretty large to me since I love the game and the developer.

We decided to remove the question because it was subjective (relative) and there was no "measurable" answer...

Matekking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
funem said:
wolfeman said:
hmm, the correct answer to 11, based on how it was phrased should be: "all of the above" imho

but at any rate, will we be able to view our quiz scores? that would be cool. [as would winning hehe]

edit:

PickleHead said:
I chose all of the above because I knew manhunt was correct and I also saw no more heroes as having a controversy due to the censorship in non-US countries. And with all my experience with multiple choice tests, if two are correct, then all of the above must be true. Thank you for taking out that question.

YES! exactly, finally someone who sees the logic. if the answer to a multiple choice question contains "all of the above" and at least TWO other answers fill the criteria of the question then it MUST be "all of the above". if in fact the true answer was NOT all of the above then it was the right move of gbatemp to disqualify the question.

blink.gif
... he says that he only thought about the two that he knew for sure, so if you have your question, but we know only that you ate the apple and the pear, we know nothing about the banana, which would you choose?
-Apple
-Pear
-Banana
-All

shinigamiv7

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wolfeman said:

You actually have a serious lack of logic there. If you can find at least ONE item being false, then you simply can't say all of them are true... And RE4 had no controversy whatsoever, so "All of the above" is a wrong answer.

Anyways, while I believe the question to be perfectly clear -and chose Manhunt 2-, I respect the staff's decision.

Good luck to everyone, and extremely good luck to myself.
tongue.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
The answer for the Doom question was the BLUE key.

Just kidding, it was RED. Did you shit bricks?

Bricks were shat.
frown.gif

Even if we didn't win, do we get to see our scoring results?

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
I would like to take this time to thank.....

Acekard for providing the carts, GBAtemp for making a fun scavenger hunt(quiz) and Nintendo for providing the roms.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinsil said:
I would like to take this time to thank. Acekard for providing the carts, GBAtemp for making a fun scavenger hunt(quiz) and Nintendo for providing the roms.

I agree this is very cool.

Blue key ha ha, I was freaking out btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1