GBAtemp MKDS news

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ÂVarious GBAtemp news
ÂMario Kart DS relatedWe never stop working. Here's what we've done for you today:

• The portal icon for the WiFi forums has been updated:
c58.gif

• You can now input your MKDS Friend Code in your profile. This nice little icon will show up above your country flag when you post.

• A new page has been created: Mario Kart DS friend codes list

• Last reminder: in a few hours, all guests will no longer be allowed to browse the board. Registration will anyway be necessary if you want to enter the future Mario Kart tournament. Edit: registrations are not closed! It's just that you have to be registered if you want to browse the board.

yaynds.gif
GBAtemp!

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nice guys!
smile.gif

One suggestion: Maybe you could organize the friend code list by Member Name, instead of by Member #? Might make it a bit easier to find everybody.
wink.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
It is technically a difficult thing to do.
There are two different SQL requests (for each member), and the first one can not be sorted by name.

Later I will probably take a little more time to sort it out (
tongue.gif
) but I can't exactly say when.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno how on-topic this post is gunna be, but I hate my life for not having a DS!

I think you guys should organize more tournament-esque events like this, so that those of us who don't have the privilege of a DS can participate in other events?

Happy trails.

dreary79

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, it tooks good! =)

I was just wondering. Is the friend code saved on the kart or on the DS? If its saved on the DS then other games might used it? If it is saved on the cart then this feature will have to be added for every popular NDS game.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had better hurry up and register
ohmy.gif

Nice changes, I like the added privacy no guests gives a board. It also deters trolls. Well, the lazy trolls. The hardcore will continue to be and sign up anyways. Like TPi :|
wub.gif

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, is there any way on the Mario Kart DS Friend Code list you just set up we could have an option to type in our "nick" next to our username? I (and a lot of other people) use different nicknames on MKDS and it's easier to see who you're playing that way.

And thanks for the great community!

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*waves at the guests

anyway, good to see a friendcodelist (that isn't one word, is it?) surely makes it a lot easier to find codes

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I think you guys should organize more tournament-esque events like this, so that those of us who don't have the privilege of a DS can participate in other events?

Just get your ass down to your local games shop and buy a god damn DS... you'll be so proud of yourself =')

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I swear you and TPi have some sort of homoerotic obsession thing going on with each other
wtf.gif
My lawyer refuses to let me comment on this
frown.gif

@Legend:
Other events besides those held on the DS may be hard to organize considering the unknown amount of people with x game. Take SOCOM, for instance. No one really knows for sure just how many people on the board own it, and organizing a SOCOM tournament using the existing services would be a might harder than oraganizing one using the Nintendo WiFi connection. That and this IS a Nintendo oriented board, and seeing as how the DS is its first online console...

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users