www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mascot.gif
GBAtemp Friend Code Database
Thanks to Samutz!

online_networks.png
In a great display of GBAtemp's fantastic community spirit, well respected and long-time GBAtemp member Samutz has created a fantastic new Friend Code Database just for GBAtemp! Taking advantage of our new Buddy/Friends system (more on that in just a bit), by entering your friend code for every Wi-Fi enabled Wii/DS game you're playing (with new ones added in the future) and your Xbox Live gamertag, you can share your friend codes with your Buddies and everyone else on the GBAtemp Forum. You can also browse and search through all friend codes of all our members, and send PM's straight from the database for setting up matches!

You can access the GBAtemp Friend Code Database from the following places:-
  • In a Member's Profile
  • Alongside the buttons under a Member's post
  • In the Site Navigation on the portal (homepage)
Massive thanks to Samutz for creating this great feature, and we hope you'll quickly fill the database up and enjoy using it.

Regarding the Buddy/Friends system. You may have noticed a new 'Friends' feature since the upgrade to the new server/IPB version. We will be working on merging the two (currently separated) features in order to have one simple unified system. But don't worry, all your old Buddies will be transferred across in the merge.

icon11.gif
GBAtemp Friend Code Database

*UPDATE* You may now import contacts from your old buddy list into your new Friend List using this page! Use this tool to import contacts from your former Buddy List (before the board upgrade) into your new Friends List (after the upgrade).

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oooooh, nice! Fantastic idea and great implementation Samutz!

This place gets better every day.
grog.gif

Edit: No Dungeon Explorer though :'(

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Costello helped too. I wouldn't have been able to figure out IPB's functions without his help. He also fixed the bugs I missed.
smile.gif

About missing/incorrect games;
I just went down a list of "Wifi" games from Wikipedia and added the ones that I thought might be popular. All with a default of 12 digits in 0000-0000-0000 format. I don't know how I missed JUS though. There also might be some games on there that don't use friend codes but do use Wifi, that need to be removed.
The games are not permanently set in there though. The admins can add/update/remove them (I don't have the access to do it myself).

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Samutz said:
Costello helped too. I wouldn't have been able to figure out IPB's functions without his help. He also fixed the bugs I missed.
smile.gif

About missing/incorrect games;
I just went down a list of "Wifi" games from Wikipedia and added the ones that I thought might be popular. All with a default of 12 digits in 0000-0000-0000 format. I don't know how I missed JUS though. There also might be some games on there that don't use friend codes but do use Wifi, that need to be removed.
The games are not permanently set in there though. The admins can add/update/remove them (I don't have the access to do it myself).
Big thanks to Costello too then!
grog.gif

So for whoever does have access to the list, should we make game suggestions / corrections in this thread? Or a new one in the site suggestions forum?

ADD: Dungeon Explorer (awesome wi-fi co-op)

REMOVE: Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (wi-fi server tournament only, iirc)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Szyslak said:
So for whoever does have access to the list, should we make game suggestions / corrections in this thread? Or a new one in the site suggestions forum?
For now you can suggest games in this thread, in the future, I'd recommend posting in the suggestions forum

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
what about the Wii&PS3 owners? you cater for the xbox but not the PS3?
frown.gif

edit: indeed you do have a section for the ps3, but you should have mentioned that too.
Wii Console #, PlayStation Network, and XBL Gamertag are right at the top of the list. Then all the Wii & DS games are listed alphabetically.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
xJonny said:
Hey you deleted the friend codes that were on my profile page already.

Now I have to find all of them all over again T_T

I've just made them visible again, will leave them in profiles for a while then I will delete them from the database.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:
xJonny said:
Hey you deleted the friend codes that were on my profile page already.

Now I have to find all of them all over again T_T

I've just made them visible again, will leave them in profiles for a while then I will delete them from the database.

Thanks
smile.gif
And thanks for the importer tool
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
The Online Users box on the portal now uses your real new friend list
There's a slight problem though: Costello: the importer tool that I wrote simply added friends to the database, but it didn't rebuild the "friends cache".

Adding or removing any (just 1) member from your friends list will entirely rebuild that cache.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime