Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
image_243.jpg

just throw all the 0 post members away and all the trouble is gone. make a topic in which every 0 post member has got to post. If he/she doesn't post he/she shall be deleted.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excactly what I mean, Tempest. WTF do those users have to do with that error? :wtf:

I got that error a few times, but a simple refresh was needed to fix it, that's all.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@koekie, really? i used commas and all that, so it wasn't gonna be hard to read...
yeah, i was gonna modify it, until i found out there were no .psd's in the rar,
i'll just leave it up until i can be bothered to change something without a psd

alfre

Banned Member < it's true now
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
uniemelk.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ummm.... that error message says "could not find database".

0-post user accounts have nothing to do with that.

And since you're obviously posting now you got around the issue, did you not?

-Tempest out.-
I got that error many times, a simple refresh doesn't work so i have got to make homework or something for half an hour untill gbatemp works again.

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ummm.... that error message says "could not find database".
I believe the important line is the first one:
"Too many connections..."

It seems that the SQL server can't handle anything above a certain amount of requests at the same time, that's why refreshing helps.

However, during the past two or three days I've had difficulties loading the website as well, sometimes it took me a couple of refreshs and a loading time of over 3 minutes to see the main page.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the important line is the first one:
"Too many connections..."

It seems that the SQL server can't handle anything above a certain amount of requests at the same time, that's why refreshing helps.

However, during the past two or three days I've had difficulties loading the website as well, sometimes it took me a couple of refreshs and a loading time of over 3 minutes to see the main page.
I didn't notice that line, though I should have. You're right that the server, just like any other, can only take so many connections at once. Still, my arguments hold.

It's not like the 0-posters check in every second of every day and cause these problems.

I'm having trouble at times too, and I find if you bookmark the FORUM index (not the portal) it works faster. We'll see what we can do about this.

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think you would have to agree that there are some serious problems present now though. There are frequent site outtages. I've seen that database error on a couple of occasions and simple refreshing certainly didn't help solve it. The administrators, and more importantly Kivan, are usually nowhere to be found. It is as if the site has almost been abandoned. It seems that we are always one server crash away from oblivion. At the very least, if there isn't going to be a hardware expansion to different locales as well as more administrators, there needs to be a hardware upgrade in the current location to handle everything. At least thats my two cents.
smile.gif

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well there is Omero who I often see (although not too often) but he doesn't seem to be able to take control of most of the situations here like KiVan did. I say that he hires another two admins like Shaun and Thug, they are "supervisors" (which I'd assume have a higher autority then other mods) They're here practically everyday and take control of things quickly. I don't see why not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.