Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dter ic said:
torrentted84 said:
Hi I wanted to start on a ps3 softmod guide, since that was on of the hints on the front page
laugh.gif
but in the Playstation 3 section there is already one. So I guess that it's not possible anymore to make that one is it?

no.
yes.
yes.
yes.

tutorials about the same subject can be VERY different.
"u dreg de rom on ur sd and u get 2 play rom on ds"
"You copy the ROM image to the MicroSD window, and you can play it once the microSD is inserted into the flashcart."

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sausage Head said:
Dter ic said:
torrentted84 said:
Hi I wanted to start on a ps3 softmod guide, since that was on of the hints on the front page
laugh.gif
but in the Playstation 3 section there is already one. So I guess that it's not possible anymore to make that one is it?

no.
yes.
yes.
yes.

tutorials about the same subject can be VERY different.
"u dreg de rom on ur sd and u get 2 play rom on ds"
"You copy the ROM image to the MicroSD window, and you can play it once the microSD is inserted into the flashcart."

well maybe if they had anything significant i guess...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
leeday100196 said:
Shame that I don't have any hacking skill, or I would add a tutorial myself and WIN something!
You don't need hacking skills for a tutorial - come up with an idea that hasn't been done before (or one that hasn't already got 20 tutorials about already) that can be included into one of the categories mentioned - & just write one

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, but the 3ds is not a part of the competition, so you won`t win something. but you can do it for the community
biggrin.gif

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This made me dust off my unfinished guide for 4th gen Pokemon ROM hacking. I just need to make the images and it will be finished.

Would this be an acceptable submission for the NDS section, if it's only specific to hacking a certain group of games?

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I mean ROM hacking as in scripting and stuff like that, using PPRE. Not just using tools for stuff like modifying wild Pokemon like we've seen a million times.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
Qusetion: you know the rule regarding no copy/pasting from other site, this includes everything like images and videos, right?Or is it only written content?
Meaning that everything in your guide must be of your own....

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
45gc said:
Qusetion: you know the rule regarding no copy/pasting from other site, this includes everything like images and videos, right?Or is it only written content?
I'm fairly sure that if you give credit and stuff, or the owner of the content in question gives permission, it would be fine to use other's pictures and stuff. However, you must write the guide yourself. No paraphrasing, or plagiarism of any kind will be tolerated. It would also be prudent to let Costello know which ones you have permission to use, and put a footnote in the credits section of the guide.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
45gc said:
I would say so. Unless the images isn't really to do with your guide (e.g. I dunno, a picture of a Wii in a Wii guide or something). If the picture is actually illustrating part of the guide, it should be your own I believe.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't get discouraged just because you a see a guide on what you wanted to do was already made. To be blunt, a lot of the guides people have submitted are total shit, especially some of the short ones people cobbled together in the first day or two of the competition. Yes, doing a guide that's already there isn't as original, but if the existing guide is total shit and your version is awesome, I don't think anybody's going to care since the total shit version wasn't going to win anyways.
tongue.gif
Now I'm not saying it's okay to go out there and have everybody re-make the same guide, but a lot of the submissions are pretty fucking bad, and anybody that can use proper grammar could spend an hour and make a way better version that actually deserves to win.

This IS a competition after all!

Go out there and show the lazy people who just wrote some 5-minute shit to win a flash cart what a REAL tutorial looks like!
  • Show multiple methods to do a step!
  • Use screenshots or photos if possible!
  • Format your guide into proper sections!
  • Actually explain how to do some of the basic stuff!

This post is personal opinion. I'm an entrant, not a judge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative