GBA VC - Save Extration?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Knitten, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Knitten
    OP

Knitten Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2016
    United States
    Is it possible to extract the save from a gba game and convert it for use on VisualBoyAdvance then imported back into the system? I'm trying to get all the Chips in Megaman Battle Network 3 White >.<

2. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    on a similar note,is it possible to take a Pokemon Blue emulator/gameyob save and inject it into the Virtual Console version?

3. M-DitzyDoo

M-DitzyDoo Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Agbsave9, Decrypt9, and Hourglass9 can all be used to export gba VC saves, though the first one is for the most part depreciated. After exporting the save you should be able to import it into VBA as a battery file and monkey around with it how you like (such as, say, using all items cheats or the like), then re-export it. You may need a save file trimmer if the sizes don't match up to properly re-import. On the second note, yes, it should be pretty simple since I've done the same on VBA, and is far less a hassle than the gba games, let me tell you.

4. greenDarkness555

greenDarkness555 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    Godmode9 is the best to use. As the others don't always yeild a 1:1 save. You can check to see if you have a good save by loading it up in a emulator.
    Injection is flawless when it works though; sometimes it takes a few attempts.