GBA VC Injected Save Data export issue?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by KishibeAntto, Feb 11, 2019.

1. KishibeAntto
    OP

KishibeAntto Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Hi, I injected a rom of MMBN1 to Virtual Console. When I export my .sav of Megaman Battle Network 1 from GodMode9 and load it on VBA, it gives me the prompt that importing a snapshot file will erase any saved data and restart the emulator. And when I put the save data in the same folder as my rom, I don't have any saved data at all. What should I do?

2. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 15, 2017
    I had this problem a while ago where my extracted saves wouldn't work with VBA. I have a 3DS and a n3DS. They worked fine when I extracted via GodMode9 from the 3DS but not from the n3DS for some reason. I used a hex editor and found that my saves were actually blank and just filled with 0s, meaning they weren't actually being extracted.

I then tried this payload:
    https://github.com/alex34567/Agbsave9/releases/tag/v1.0.1
    And this seemed to extract my saves just fine, which worked with VBA. The save files were also larger, which confirmed for me that it was working. Try this for yourself. Hopefully it'll work for you.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. KishibeAntto
    OP

KishibeAntto Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    thank you SO much